Hollywood Stunner...best locations for placement?

mcoomer

Rat Bastard!
Need some help finding a good place to mount this coral. My understanding is that they have rather long sweepers so I'm trying to separate it from my other pieces. Should I mount it on a rock, on the bottom on bare glass, or place it in the sand? What would a Hollywood Stunner prefer for location, light intensity and flow?

Thanks,
Mike

Did some digging and it looks like I should probably mount it on a piece of rubble and bury that in the sand so that the coral is held in place. Sounds like indirect lighting and moderate flow as well.

Would you agree?

Mike

I found they can handle a wide range of lighting,I placed mine in the back of my tank on my rockwork with low light and low/med.flow and is doing well.It is taking shape kinda like a cupping Monti. Sweepers are gnarly 5-6 inches at least

I had mine high under 4x54 t5ho and that's where it looked best. I placed it down low before selling and it took hold on the bottom of my tank on some rocks as well. I get almost no growth from the little pieces there but when it was up high it was almost as fast a grower as xenia.

Mine seems to be a fast grower and doesn't really care for much light. High flow. Grows like a weed and I hear that ORA just released the sprungs stunner which looks just like this one.

Back