Hollywood Stunner...best locations for placement?

mcoomer

Rat Bastard!
Need some help finding a good place to mount this coral. My understanding is that they have rather long sweepers so I'm trying to separate it from my other pieces. Should I mount it on a rock, on the bottom on bare glass, or place it in the sand? What would a Hollywood Stunner prefer for location, light intensity and flow?

Thanks,
Mike

mcoomer

Rat Bastard!
Did some digging and it looks like I should probably mount it on a piece of rubble and bury that in the sand so that the coral is held in place. Sounds like indirect lighting and moderate flow as well.

Would you agree?

Mike

autodave

I found they can handle a wide range of lighting,I placed mine in the back of my tank on my rockwork with low light and low/med.flow and is doing well.It is taking shape kinda like a cupping Monti. Sweepers are gnarly 5-6 inches at least

rogersb

I had mine high under 4x54 t5ho and that's where it looked best. I placed it down low before selling and it took hold on the bottom of my tank on some rocks as well. I get almost no growth from the little pieces there but when it was up high it was almost as fast a grower as xenia.

tamn3

Mine seems to be a fast grower and doesn't really care for much light. High flow. Grows like a weed and I hear that ORA just released the sprungs stunner which looks just like this one.