Home Reef Videos..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beverly,

like I said, amazing amount of planning and work you put into those. Very impressive. And I admire the amazing tlc you give it. When my clone couldn't settle in, and would start moving to dangerous areas, I didn't think to use pump placement to redirect him, I always was prodding him with the long handle of a scraper (not the scraper itself). And when my clowns would lose their way, I would gently guide them with my hand in the water. I'm learning a lot from you.

I'm going to check out all my cams and see if I have time-lapse..I really want to do this with the pony tank, and to see which of my corals my be doing what at night.

Look forward to seeing more from you!!

Can someone offer their advice?

I took a new movie of the tank and this one turned out MUCH better with the colors.

I captured it on my PC using Sony's Vegas 5.0 software. When I playback the movie on my PC the capture screwed up. THe colors go funky on the playback and the sound gets screwy. The copy on the camcorder is not this way.

So, I rebooted the PC, defraged it and then stopped unneeded processes to free up resources and then captured it again.

Still the same problem... Any suggestions?

You are filming via a VHSc or 8mm camera correct?

If that is so, how are you connecting your camera to capture with your pc?

I have done this using my nVidia video cards inputs but the quality was crap (capturing 25yr old home movies). I ended up getting a capture card, an Osprey card to be exact. quality was far better this way.

Ahh....

hmmm... I would try other software to see if there is a difference. Do ya have anything else to try? Did the Vegas 5.0 come with the camera? When i was capturing those home movies i found that Adobe Premier worked well but given its cost its not somthing to run out and buy.

When you playback the vid on the pc from the camera, before actually capturing it, do you see the drop in quality?

My first thought here is that you are doing 2 things at once. 1)capturing the video 2)encoding the video.
I would try to capture in uncompressed format, the file size will be huge and it wont play well. Then encode with whatever you wish.

Chris

Basically I hook up my camcorder to the PC and click play on the sony. Then click capture video. It plays the video while the PC records it. When this is done the file for a 4 minute video is almost 2 gigs.

It's at this point that the video is screwed up. It plays fine then the colors go crazy then it goes back to normal.

Ahhhh.....

thats normal... that is uncompressed video and your pc cant process that much data very well during playback. You need to encode with somthning, i use Divx. There are many free encoders as well.

oh... this is a new problem. It worked before.

So on the other video you did the same thing with the same camera and software and didnt have the problem?

are you changing the audio? If i try and change the audio (add a song) at the same time i am encoding it does similar things to me. I have to 1)decompress and join all clips removing audio 2)rerun through still as uncompressed adding audio 3)encode to divx.

At the moment i cant play your other one, not saying its your file because i reloaded my pc here at work tuesday and its lacking codecs.

Most likely my video is at fault. Other videos I have made still work. I will play with it more this weekend to see what I can figure out.

oh... i misunderstood, that link was your nonworking one... i thought is was a working vid.

Give me a little bit ill see if i can do anything with it. What kinda pipe you got? Is it possible for you to ftp me the 2gig version?

I'm not even at home to send that to you. I'll see what happens this weekend. I appreciate the offer!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6249796#post6249796 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by avansickle
When my clone couldn't settle in, and would start moving to dangerous areas, I didn't think to use pump placement to redirect him, I always was prodding him with the long handle of a scraper (not the scraper itself). And when my clowns would lose their way, I would gently guide them with my hand in the water. I'm learning a lot from you.

I'm going to check out all my cams and see if I have time-lapse..I really want to do this with the pony tank, and to see which of my corals my be doing what at night.

Amy,

All the stuff I learned about anemones has been from RC's Clown/Anemone forum. I have to admit that I have tried to pry the clone off a rock with a very slim credit-type card. That only resulted in stressing me and the clone :(

When I'm satisfied my clone has found its right spot, which it may not have yet, I might try timelapse movies of some of my lps corals.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

It looks like or video thread is doomed to obscurity..... Just tried looking at it and it has dropped back past page 7.... too bad to...

Bob

I've got more but didnt want to flood with the same thing. I have added some pieces recently and I "know" I will be adding more in mid-January so I will put together another then.

Naw, we'll keep it going Bob! I've just put in my 75 FOWLR, have footage of other tanks taken, etc.. We just have to go to other threads and solicit folks to shoot film for this thread!!

I could add more of my tank, it is quite different looking since all of my fish were killed last week when my glass heater shattered and electrocuted them...but I don't think it would be much fun to look at. *sob*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back