Horrific Dolphin hunting....

I wish there was something I could do on a personal level to those pieces of ****!! It is one thing to breed an animal and humanely farm them but to do it like that...

ive seen it before... different cultures farm and utilize different sources for food. That said the bigger, scarier issue is that as more and more resources we deplete the more of this you will see. a few generations down the road people in this country may be eating dolphins..

This is one of the most horrible things i have ever seen...Does anyone know if there is anything besides signing a petition that can be done? Products to boycott, embassadors to write, etc? Given the opportunity, i would be more than willing to dedicate time to helping.

Its funny how we are up in arms over one animals death....but have no problem eating a big fat steak.......makes me feel like a hypocrite.

My biggest issue is the manner in which they kill the animals...

If you are going to fish, fine, kill the animal quickly. Dragging it across the street, hacking at it and watching it bleed out all while struggling to live... bad bad bad.

kill it quick, then harvest the meat to feed your people, fine.

Now lets talk about the idea of harvesting non-farmed animals from fisheries that are not controlled, that is a whole different issue.

We need to take case of the Ocean, because without a healthy ocean, our time on this planet is limited.

If you guys want to be scared, go watch them bleed a pig or knock a cattle. While it may seem grusome by our standards what is happening with the dolphins, we do the same thing to cattle and pigs. There is an indian tribe in this country somewhere in Alaska that goes out and kills whales (they are allowed because they are native traditions) not to mention that people eat dog in some countries.
As far as what can be done for those who are interested, contact PETA, they are into stopping cruel practices.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9231616#post9231616 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GregDoug
If you guys want to be scared, go watch them bleed a pig or knock a cattle. While it may seem grusome by our standards what is happening with the dolphins, we do the same thing to cattle and pigs.

Not quite, but yes it is gruesome... However, IMO there is a major difference between depleting the oceans to feed your masses (they come within 100 miles of the west coast to support there fisheries) and raising cattle or pigs on a ranch to feed your masses.

Every year at this time you read a story about a young kid 10 to 12 yrs old that has raised a prize steer from a calf for display at the fair.... Only to sell it to a slaughterhouse for 500.00 or so. That is like selling your dog that you ve rased for several years.. Im an animal person and cant fathom the raising a young animal and being with it daily only to sell it off to slaughter... but I also love a good steak... HMMM... Interesting discussion..

Back