how is Marine Depot about disputes

blk_g20

I purchased 3 Salifert kits from then on 10/6. got it today on the 8th. its super fast as we are both in CA. i purchased the Ca, Alk, and Nitrate kits. however, in the box was only the Alk, and Nitrate. i poured out all the packing peanuts and there was no Ca kit. since it was late when i got home, i called and left a message and will try again tomorrow.

does anybody have any experience of disputes with Marine Depot? i was under the impression that they are a reputable dealer of dried and live goods.

thanks

Hi,

It looks like someone forgot to mark 'back-order' on your invoice. We had just ran of Salifert Calcium test kits on Monday and have been back-ordering them for our customers. Currently, we have the SeaChem and LaMotte test kits available as substitutes. If you would like either one of those, please let us know. We will be happy to offer you the LaMotte test kit (regularly $23.99) for the same price as the Salifert: I have gone ahead and added a note in our system for you. If you would like a substitute, please give us a call or shoot us an email. We will also be happy to give you a refund if that will work better for you.

We apologize for the confusion. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Joseph
Marine Depot Customer Service
www.marinedepot.com

wow, thanks for the response. i just might take you up on that offer, after i research a bit about the LaMotte kits. should i quote your response to this thread if i chose to take a substitute?

Hi,

I apologize for the late reply. Have been out of the office for a few days and haven't had a chance to check this forum.

If you would like a substitute, just give us a call to shoot us an email at sales@marinedepot.com. I have already added notes in the system under your profile so they guys can pull up those notes when you call/email. If you like, you can also call and ask to speak to me directly: I'll be happy to help.

Sincerely,
Joseph
Marine Depot Customer Service

it has all be taken care of. i've sent an email and was promptly sent a substitute. should be arriving today according to UPS. thank you very much for you help. i appreciate the level of customer service and would not hesitate to buy from marinedepot again in the future.

Back