How long for a slipper coral to acclimate?

dj synystr

the tank is a well establish fully mixed 125 gallon reef. plenty of corals fish and inverts. all specs are where they should be as for tests. now onto the ?

i bought the coral a few days ago. put it in a nice medium to high flow area with plenty of light. the coral wasn't fully exstended in the store but i figured that due to being late in the day. the tenticales have never been fully open yet. i noticed when i target feed it eats fine and puffs up a bit during digestion. its it normal for these types of corals to not extend their tenticles fully for long periods of time, or is this a sign of dying? i am going to continue to target feed daily to see if that does anything. other than that any insite, info or jusr personal experiance with this coral would be helpful. Thanks.

Sk8r

Staff member
RC Mod
I suspect it is like plate, and will require a little time and quiet---and the energy of light and food---to start plumping out. It might extend a bit more at night.

dj synystr

i noticed its abotu the same at night. one thing i did notice is there are more tenticles coming out now just not fully open. its a shame its a beautiful green with pruple tips on the tenticles.