How long for a slipper coral to acclimate?

dj synystr

the tank is a well establish fully mixed 125 gallon reef. plenty of corals fish and inverts. all specs are where they should be as for tests. now onto the ?

i bought the coral a few days ago. put it in a nice medium to high flow area with plenty of light. the coral wasn't fully exstended in the store but i figured that due to being late in the day. the tenticales have never been fully open yet. i noticed when i target feed it eats fine and puffs up a bit during digestion. its it normal for these types of corals to not extend their tenticles fully for long periods of time, or is this a sign of dying? i am going to continue to target feed daily to see if that does anything. other than that any insite, info or jusr personal experiance with this coral would be helpful. Thanks.

I suspect it is like plate, and will require a little time and quiet---and the energy of light and food---to start plumping out. It might extend a bit more at night.

i noticed its abotu the same at night. one thing i did notice is there are more tenticles coming out now just not fully open. its a shame its a beautiful green with pruple tips on the tenticles.

Back