How sweet would this be to cruise around the bay or intercostal?

CuzzA

Transparent canoe/kayak. It would make observing and collecting awesome.

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/Default.aspx?sku=83529&refsku=78952

83529B_1000x1000.jpg

Gotta get the paddles to become unlazy lol, and Im not bashing because Im lazy too and I tell myself stuff like that all the time. Id like to have something like that and take it to the keys.

I tried one similar to this before buying my kayaks. Not fully transparent but with a window in the bottom of hull. Really neat. I fish off my kayak and let me tell you, there is so much to see when you go slow as opposed to zipping by in a boat. Some of the backwaters we have in the bay will make you feel like you are the only person around for thousands of miles.

A search on the net shows a few different manufacturers, including one that has a solid transom for a trolling motor. Problem solved. You can still hold your beer while you cruise in the kayak. :beer:

How sweet would this be to cruise around the bay or intercostal?

Indeed an angry adult bull shark having a good look at you while you're looking at him may not be cool. Pack some heat. :uzi: :fish2:

Those are pretty cool however even if you slapped an electric trolling motor on it you would then have to pay the state to register it ,sad but true.they would be fun to cruise around the grass flats with and do some light tackle fishing from.

My concern as a long time kayaker is that the bottoms of kayaks get scratched up. It is inevitable. It would only be transparent for so long. Still wouldn't mind having one. . .

I took the kids out in a transparent canoe like that when we were in Bermuda. There was an old shipwreck a couple hundred yards out and it was AMAZING! SO much coral, and we just about got knocked out by a fish frenzy when my daughter threw some bread in to feed them. Definitely worth a rental on vacation, or purchase if you live near a reef. I couldn't see using it in PA rivers though, it would be all scratched up and turning brown from the rocks and pollution.

Back