How to keep an Idiot busy...150DD

Updates? Just getting ready to set one of these up!

Nice Tank!
Well the crash since the last update continued and I lost some nice sps including the tenius I was so excited about. I'm now running a sulfur denitrator and keeping NO3 under 10 and feeding like I used to. My colors aren't anything like they were in the old system. It was so easy before I'm a bit thrown off now that I can't get sps to grow and color like I used to. Life is busier now and the time I had for taking pictures is now used for testing and water changes. The rockwork as much as I like it is killing the flow though, if I did it again I would have it all set up a bit higher. I'll try to get some pictures posted soon.

This pump placement works best for the scape. On long pulse anti-sync 100% otherwise the water just doesn't get pushed far enough. With the gyre running constant speed on the back to lift up the water column.
20171104_161642 by Patrick Callan, on Flickr

Using a tip from an old TOTM I have the skimmer exhaust collected by a funnel and piped outside. The sump room is small and smells much better now. Cuts way down on the humidity as well. And the skimmer intake is fed from a pipe to outside as well. Also adding a sheet of plastic over the skimmer outlet quiets down the splashing completely.
20171104_161941 by Patrick Callan, on Flickr
I cut my light fixture in half and put the AI's in the middle like they used to be in the last setup.
20171104_161808 by Patrick Callan, on Flickr

That tenius I really liked. Not a great picture but I thought it was neat to see how many pores are in it.
IMG_4650 by Patrick Callan, on Flickr

Back