How to keep an Idiot busy...150DD

Good luck, many have tried to get the colors he did. I have faith however :thumbsup:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. It will be interesting to see, Jackson said no one with t5 has done it and he just switched to a powermodule. Watching sps morph colors for better or worse because of what I add to the tank is what I really enjoy about this hobby. Probably wouldn't even be in the hobby if my parents had just bought me that chemistry set when I was 10 and gotten it out of my system....

I am about to start a marineland 150 cube build as well, love the layout!

Thanks! I love it too but now that I've put the pumps in it the heavy rock work down low kills flow. Gonna need more pumps now.

Awesome setup! Your stuff is looking great!

Thanks! I Posted the healthy ones.

I had a few sps that had thin tissue and some that wouldn't color staying kinda brown. I thought high nutrients and had others that were showing signs of being low nutrient. None of which I posted pics of though.
Turns out it was AEFW. :lolspin: Well at least I know why now. I'm not too worried, 2x a week bayer dips for the next 2 months should take care of it. That was the point of the whole QT system anyways.

Also I keep getting salt creep on the bottom trim even though I haven't spilled any water on it. 4 times now I have wiped it away. It's not looking too good.

First, sorry about those bastard worms! I had them too last year, sucked dipping everything for 2 months, but as you stated it can be done. The end result is colorful sticks with awesome PE. I will only buy sps from a tiny number of people in the world period!

Second, when I saw the creep on the main boards I swore to give it time and it will go away as I've seen spilled water creep for a couple weeks. If you're not spilling more and have doused the area with fresh RODI, than I would be worried.

Hang in there

Are you thinking a possible leak or just some spilled water still drying up? Hopefully the latter

I think leak. The salt in the first pic is wet underneath if you touch it. And there's no signs of it running down from anywhere. I don't stick my hands in this tank because there's no coral in it so I didn't spill it.

Off to a not so good start sry to hear if you need anything let me know

Thanks for the offer Ron.
Nope I've had all the problems this time around. MEN AEFW byropsis, aptasia which are difficult with Marco rock. some kinda grayish sponge that grows in light and really fast. Expensive jumping fish. And again like my old system my acans are receding for no reason I can find. I've shopped at all the different stores so I wouldn't know where it all came from.

That sucks man, and that rock work is so damn good!

Thanks! I was trying for the rule of thirds.

First, sorry about those bastard worms! I had them too last year, sucked dipping everything for 2 months, but as you stated it can be done. The end result is colorful sticks with awesome PE. I will only buy sps from a tiny number of people in the world period!

Second, when I saw the creep on the main boards I swore to give it time and it will go away as I've seen spilled water creep for a couple weeks. If you're not spilling more and have doused the area with fresh RODI, than I would be worried.

Hang in there

Yeah the dipping is just time. I'm considering buying more sticks now and filling the QT. Then I'll be done with sticks for a long time. The tank I'm really worried about. The amount of salt creep that shows up. I'm gonna wait a long time before I say it's a leak though. I don't think I can replace it until the kids are out of daycare. This could turn into a 45 frag tank build until 2018:fun2:

The desk I had placed the frag tank on started to bow under the weight. So I built a DIY stand. I also had to remove the sandbed due to detritus and nitrates.

And my old pic made Ecotech's FB, I thought that was really cool.

Just bought my 150 DD yesterday and I am so excited to get it going. Going to be a slow build with starting fresh and not having anything around since my last tank. Loved yours though and bummer you had to take it down but life goes on and you will be killing it again in no time I am sure. Any updates? Also do you have an equipment list you can PM me with. Trying to narrow it down.

It sucks about the aefw, I've been there, but like you said that's what the qt is for. It's nice that your old system is getting some notoriety, it's well deserved.

Loving both pics.

Thanks!

Just bought my 150 DD yesterday and I am so excited to get it going. Going to be a slow build with starting fresh and not having anything around since my last tank. Loved yours though and bummer you had to take it down but life goes on and you will be killing it again in no time I am sure. Any updates? Also do you have an equipment list you can PM me with. Trying to narrow it down.

Thanks! I do need some good updated coral pics again, I'll work on that. PM sent.

It sucks about the aefw, I've been there, but like you said that's what the qt is for. It's nice that your old system is getting some notoriety, it's well deserved.

Thanks! Yeah I'm just glad I never got them first time around when I had a lot to lose and everything was encrusted.

I always like that pic man, great work indeed! Do you know who has the mother colony now(Purple Monster)? I hope to obtain another piece at some point after Christmas ;).

Thanks.

I always like that pic man, great work indeed! Do you know who has the mother colony now(Purple Monster)? I hope to obtain another piece at some point after Christmas ;).

Thanks.

Thanks! I sold everything to TCR who kept the PM for about a year. They sold quite a few frags of it and then one morning it RTN'd overnight. PM is actually the only frag they owe me from the whole thing. If anyone has one they can give it to me and get store credit. I was going to post asking for one then I got the AEFW so I might wait til I that's over.

Back