How to waterproof inside of stand???

Vanquishxxxx

Wat do people use to waterproof inside of stands? Besides siliconing seems what can i paint on floor and walls just incase sump overflows a little or aomethingmlike that.??

elastomeric roof coating, can get from hd. kept 3 inches of water in the bottom of my stand for days with no leak

Home Depot sells shower liner; a flexible pvc sheet. In my stand it doesn't look pretty, with how you fold up the corners...but it works well.

You want to use something that is resistant to water. Oil pased points or primers would work. Also epoxy paint

White water proofing paint from home depot. uploadfromtaptalk1333199266058.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I just use minwax fast drying polyuerethane, several coats.
Maybe more water resistant than waterproof, but plenty of protection from most spills.
I always check for things like mold inhibitors and try to avoid them, so read the labels.

I used some shower pan PVC liner from Home Depot. I like the thickness and toughness of it plus it can be formed into a rudimentary tub. I used some wood to clamp the sides and PVC glue to make mine.

6555781313_c0bc6b8051_b.jpg

6555782651_ae4f649af1_b.jpg

Just remember that you need to be able to work in the sump area and a white sump area makes it easier to see leaks and spills. IMHO

It all comes down to preference, all options will provide the same result, increase the life of your stand. Let us know what you decide and post pictured.

Make sure to have a glass of wine or a beer, it helps pass the time while you plan :-D

It all comes down to preference, all options will provide the same result, increase the life of your stand. Let us know what you decide and post pictured.

Make sure to have a glass of wine or a beer, it helps pass the time while you plan :-D

+1 on the beer lol

White water proof mildew resistant paint

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333243107495.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333243107495.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 0
I use paint or polyurethane plus I go around the bottom of the cabinet with caulk to seal things.

White marine paint for walls and top, and shower liner PVC for bottom. If you take some time to do the corners right, it will hold apx 3 gals of water.

It's not paint, but to avoid any overflow, set your sump inside of a plastic container.....an "overflow" or " drip pan" if you will. T

Back