How's My Tank Doing?

Kdocimo90

Superior Member
Okay, here's some statistics i took today.

Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
Alkalinity: 3.0-3.6
Ammonia: .0-.25
pH: 8.4-8.6
Salinity: 1.025
Temp: 77.5

Fish In Tank
-Bluefin Damsel
-Blue Hippo Tang
-GoldStripe Maroon Clown

150 lbs of live rock

(if you think it was too early to put in fish, I only had done it because the old tank's conditions were extremely abnormal. You wouldnt believe that the fish were alive if you knew.)

My tank has been running probably for about 3 months, and cycling for roughly 2 months. Once again the only reason why I added the fish was because they would die in the old tank.

to answer you capn_hylinur, as stated in the first post, 150 lbs of live rock.. I know its not much, but its all the lfs had.

Fish can live in pretty harsh conditions. Its corals that cant.It may have been netter to wait but now i would hold off on new fish.Just well placed advice.

Just curious on what your useing for water movement as its not listed.

I dont know how they would perform.But i say whene you feed the fish add some extra frozen and whatch how it flows.It should drop or just float ,it should stay suspended and more towards the top half.

Your damsel should be fine, but i'd keep an eye on the others. I lost a clown fish to a similar experience because i added it too early and then there was a nitrite spike.

Yeah I just read the other thread. I'm not sure what the fin means, but I know that my clown looked like he was trying to catch his breathe because his gills were moving so fast. Plus he wouldn't move around the tank; he just sat at the bottom.

hmm weird...well my clown is moving around fine, eating fine, its jus that his fins seem to have "spiked" or "eroded".

The fin definitely looks strange. The only things i could think of off the top of my head would be an injury of some kind possibly from switching tanks or from another fish. Otherwise I guess it could be an infection or something. I'm just speculating though. I'd look for articles about similar medical problems with clownfish.

ok.. yeah its not from the other fish because they've been together for years now and havent had that problem. Also, the swap of tanks wasnt harsh on him at all, acclimated him and everthing... got him safely into a bucket to switch over, and safely put him in the tank... im not sure what could be the problem..

Back