i can OFFICALLY joing your ranks on saturday!!

you A-HOLE...that is the one i was GONNA buy. actually i was thinking of both of them over the weekend (last week) when did you get it..butthead ;) j/k that is a SWEET clam

Lunchbucket

I got it tuesday. It is by far the nicest thing I ever got. It may be 5 inches. I think they made a mistake. I even went out and got dome DT's to feed!

Good Luck with yours.

nice clam lunch!! i like that Psychotic Green Rimmed w/ Aquamarine Mantle one too.

snoop is still tha shiznit :lol:

fo shizzle dizzle its tha big snoopy d-o-double-gizzle

:D

well, i got my clam today at 10:20am. it was VERY well packaged and was alive and kicking. i acclimated it very well and put it in the tank. i set it the foot RIGHT on top of a piece of LR so it could attach and one in back of it to hold it perfectly upright.

i must say that i am DISAPPOINTED in what i got. i talked to Chris from reefermadness on the phone about it since i and others thought it looked bleached a little in the middle. he stated there was a LITTLE white around they siphon but it is WHITE in the WHOLE middle area pretty much!! NOT what i was told. i would have bought a DIFFERENT clam if i would have known the extent of the bleaching....so i HOPE that it makes it and recovers.

what do you think the chances are that it will recovery?

it opens up and responds well to stimulus from above.

there were about 5 or so SMALL apitasia on the shell that my peppermint ravaged as SOON as it was in the tank. i was worried that it would pick at the clam and damage it since it has picked at 2 of my brains before. didn't touch it just went to town on the apitasia.

here is my page that has the clam and some pics on it

i have had only the actinics on all day until 4pm when i will run the MH from 4-10pm and tomorrow the same. then 8 hrs on monday and full 10hrs on tues or so. Chris suggested this acclimation...any comments?

we will see what happened but i will keep my fingers crossed on this one.
not EXCEPTIONALLY happy
Lunchbucket

They also look much different through the glass as opposed to from above. This is why all the online shops take pictures from the top.

They also look much different through the glass as opposed to from above. This is why all the online shops take pictures from the top.

yeah i realize that they look different at different angles...that is why they outline looks blue through the glass and electric green from above. i am just dissapointed at all the white in teh middle!!!!! :mad: :mad2:

Cool, can't wait to see pictures. I bet you are happy as a clam under a metal halide

did you just check out the page i suggested in my last post?? that is my web page w/ pics. I HOPE it will be HAPPY and recover!!!

:( :( :(
Lunchbucket

Trying to think positive thoughts for you.

In the picture on your site where you say you think it is gaping. It looks that way to me. You should not be able to see the gills so much.

The clams from the wholesaler R M gets it's clams from have been coming in with alot of aiptasia on them. Big bummer.

I do wish I had some very eager Peppermint shrimp like you though.

I hope it perks up, it kinda looks like I thought.

5 days and counting.......

Rob

yeah the pep is a trooper

umm, thanks for the 5day countdown :( :(

hope it pulls out of it

....dumb just dumb me i guess

Lunchbucket

Just got off the phone w/ Chris again at RM...very very nice guy. he called earlier in the day (when i wasn't around) to chat about it. talked a good 15-30min. helped me out to give me the warning signs if i DOES go t$ts up. i will keep a close eye on it and update him daily.

still hanging in there but not looking any better. the mantle is out just about as much as yesterday so we will see.

he suggested i up the photoperiod to full tomorrow and see if the light helps him out. i will see what happens

i am in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM bashing RM...just saying that i had an unfortunate situation and Chris is MORE than happy to help out....can't ask for better service than that.

crossing my fingers and praying
Lunchbucket

I really hope the clam could make it, but unfortuntely that clam will be leaving us soon if it hasn't already.

Have another chat with ReeferMadness and see if they can give ou store credit for the loss.

hasn't died yet but it HASN"T improved :( mantle is still 1/2way out and it reacts still (i konw they can react even if they are dead). Chris said to wait till the hermits attack it then i will know it is DEAD....any suggestions on this?

Chris has been good about the whole thing and said if it does die i can get a replacement since it wasn't looking good when i got it. i HOPE it makes it but i am loosing FAITH.

i am feeding DT's about 1 cap everyother day to my 20H to try to help it out.

any other suggestions on helping it. also on if i KNOW it is dead?

thanks
Lunchbucket

Sorry to hear you're first clam experience was a bad one. Colors looked great from RM but from the pics on you're web site its not extending much and the center does looked bleached:(
I am no clam expert but it doesn't look like its going to make it. The good news is it sounds like RM is going to take care of you.

Keep us updated if it pulls thru or if you end up getting another one.

Later.

the colors are the SAME from my site and RM's site it was bleached before it was shipped

i too hope it makes it but am not opptimistic. i wish it would either perk up or die so i can get a healthy one

Lunchbucket

Why did you buy it in the first place if it wasn't open all the way in the picture and looked bleached?You should buy clams from a good LFS so you can check them for yourself.

mantisshrimp - i don't need you nagging man, seriously! my LFS SUCKS and they don't get much in for clams. i talked to Chris at RM and the way he talked it was fine.

Lunchbucket

I am more than happy with the maxima clam I got from Chris for free with the order, my first. I can't stress this enough. I just bought a dig. camera and will post pics soon. The clams is 3" wide and is black and neon turquoise with a thin emerald rim. No doubt one of the coolest clams I've ever seen. If it was Chris' intention to get me hooked on RM, well he succeeded. My zo rocks are huge and very colorful, and my chartruese Sinularia Flexibilis is awesome. Its so bright it makes everything else look dull. Now I check the site every days so I can jump on another score. lol
BTW, Reefer Madness sometimes has the elusive 1" Ultra Maximas, check it out.

Back