I got some great deals this weekend and now the dilemma.

Ou8me2

I've been pondering a new tank for months and months. I decided I'm going to wait it out and see what some local for sale groups I belong to on Facebook would yield. I think my patience truly paid off this past weekend.

My first deal was a 75 gallon Reef Ready, Tank, Stand, and Canopy. That's not all it included either. I also got 2 400watt Metal Halide and Ballast, Large Algae Scrubber, Decent Sized Sump and a Brand New T5 Ballast, return pump, and almost all the plumbing. I'd need about $20.00 to complete the plumbing and all for $100.00

My Second Deal was another 75 gallon Tank, Stand, and Canopy. It's not a drilled tank but I'm hoping It can be drilled. I'll have to do the test with the polarized sunglasses method. I get there and I seen this huge sump, I mean very big and wouldn't even fit period under the stand. Dude says he was just gonna throw it away cause it is too big. I figure maybe I can cut it down a bit. Even if it leaks I would have enough acrylic to probably make a new sump. Anyways I wasn't going to this tank but the guy messaged me desperate to sell and said he would take $75.00 for it all.

The Non-drilled tank is in the best shape as the RR does have some scratches on the sides of the tank, but nothing that bad. So I got home and I tested the MH just to see if they worked and they did and It made me realize how much I missed that MH look to a tank. I'd probably have to get new bulbs cause I believe these are only 10k just by the crisp white look with a little blue.

I was originally thinking LEDS and now I'm not so sure with this tank, which ever one I choose. I'm not even sure how much worth the MH would be if I sold them even to recoup some cost to go towards LED's.

What would you guys do? Cause I'm seriously not sure if I wanna keep the MH or sell them if they are worth much anyways or just keep them for a rainy day.:headwalls:

Here is the $100.00 Tank Deal and obviously it needs cleaned up.

view

Last edited:
Back