I Know its wrong But i love these fish sorry!

Bleh!!!

troll2.jpg

Ok so this obviously is a big NO NO;however, contructive criticism and education goes along way. If everytime we made a mistake in this hobby someone shot us down, I know that I wouldn't want to continue any longer. If we want to get technical... no one should really keep fish.. I mean there is no way to have a tank that compares to the ocean.. right? Fish can adapt... Again I'm not saying that having three large tangs and a large foxface in a 30g tank is ok...I'm just saying give the guy or gal a break. RC has a ton of amazing reefers and I'm sure some good educational information could be handed out instead of negative criticism.

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14241574#post14241574 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MMOORE0324
If we want to get technical... no one should really keep fish.

:thumbsup:

Too true. But there are a few exceptions. I think there are a few hobbyists here that take better care of their fish than the ocean ever could. BradsOcean comes to mind. ;)

You should really have a tank that is at least 6 foot long for those fish. 125 gallons or more and they would be happy. You will love it too. :D Michael R

If the title of the thread itself didn't state the obvious fact that the OP knows that what he/she is doing is wrong to begin with, then some constructive criticism would be given.

If you come here being a member since Sept 08 and post a picture of your tank looking like this then you better be ready to be called a troll and being called out.

i think i'm beginning to agree since we have yet to hear a response from this person defnding themself....not that you really could defend this all that much.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14241766#post14241766 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 46FiatYamaha
I thinks it's somebody just trying to stir up the kalk slurry if you know what I mean

I agree. Either that isn't the OP's tank, or he just put those fish in there while upgrading to a larger tank or something. I could be wrong of course.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14241691#post14241691 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Whys
:Too true. But there are a few exceptions. I think there are a few hobbyists here that take better care of their fish than the ocean ever could.

Agreed.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14241691#post14241691 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gman0526
If the title of the thread itself didn't state the obvious fact that the OP knows that what he/she is doing is wrong to begin with
I also agree with this...

Decided to give this photo a look in photoshop. The blue tang, yellow tang, and the foxface appear super-imposed. The anemone is real as is the leather(?) upfront. The clown is likely real, but the rest I can't tell. Whatever the case, clearly a troll.

Since the trolling is almost certainly an (over) reaction to that messy thread we all remember from earlier today, I really want to put a more serious note on this.

Isn't the LFS at least partly to blame?? I mean really, who lets someone keep buying fish like that without giving them some kind of education? The LFS is the real culprit here, IMO.

Bad LFS, BAD!

I agree Whys, they should be at least slightly responsible for what they are selling. I can't remember the last time anybody asked me if I had any questions about what I was buying at a LFS

That's a good job of photo shop. They even went as far as adding the flash eye to everything. They're into detail if they did. What's even sadder than the picture and the post. They have more money in fish in that tiny thing than I do in my 30 gallon, counting my softies.

It's really not that hard if you know how. I merge stuff in photoshop all the time.

If you zoom in you'll see semi-transparent edges around the super-imposed fish. The real trick is finding images with the right lighting. The eyes themselves aren't too hard to fake, but angular shading certainly is. These are all front exposures without shadows, so that helps a lot.

To a degree I agree with you guys about the lfs' culpability - aren't even bartenders supposed to stop serving someone who's gone too far? Of course, even a well-informed and well-meaning lfs can't remember the system of every customer. Of course they could ask, but there are times when things get busy. Nevertheless, the newbie can be forgiven for listening to that brand of "expert" advice when they've no ready means of comparison.

If it's a photoshop he must have edited the EXIF and the hex data, because neither one show anything photoshop related.

Back