I need advice! My B &W clowns laid eggs

Here is a little update. I apologize for the poor video quality

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jNDjpyJAoog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My clowns lay their eggs in conch shells that are in my tank. When I tried to hatch fry I took shell out the night their eyes turn silver in appearance. The longest they survived was 3 days. Hope you have succes.

Spawning B AND WS

Spawning B AND WS

Read Joyce Wilkersons book. on Clownfish. Been raising them for 2yrs, I follow most of her advice except I use algae paste, I did use phyto until I got tired of it.

Randy

Read Joyce Wilkersons book. on Clownfish. Been raising them for 2yrs, I follow most of her advice except I use algae paste, I did use phyto until I got tired of it.

Randy

I would read her book, but its out of print and its pretty expensive if you can find a copy....

These fish are doing well thanks to the wealth of info here on reef central.

Trial and error

Trial and error

It takes alot of trial and error. It helps to learn from the mistakes of others.

I would read her book, but its out of print and its pretty expensive if you can find a copy....

These fish are doing well thanks to the wealth of info here on reef central.

I will drop my copy off tonight when I pick up my clowns :)

I had black breeding clowns, but they quit spawning whenever I changed something in the tank. Did yours spawn again after removing the frog span (sorry if you answered this already, I did not finish the thread)?

I never tried to raise the babies. Excellent job for your first attempt!

Brett

Back