I need advice! My B &W clowns laid eggs

when i was breeding i kept pre colonized (cycled) sponge filters running in the sump of my reef tank when i would move the eggs i would put one of the sponge filters in the hatch tank i think its a good idea as fry dieoff and waste affect your water it needs to be as clean as possible diy sponge filters are easy to make just search them :)

when i was breeding i kept pre colonized (cycled) sponge filters running in the sump of my reef tank when i would move the eggs i would put one of the sponge filters in the hatch tank i think its a good idea as fry dieoff and waste affect your water it needs to be as clean as possible diy sponge filters are easy to make just search them :)

good idea. I actually ordered a couple of hydro sponge filters today. They are relatively cheap.

I introduced BBS to the the fry yesterday. I used decapsulated eggs from brineshrimpdirect. The fry are doing well. The mama clown still looks fat to me but hasn't laid any more eggs. I'll keep an eye on her.

Question: what will happen if BBS get mixed into the rotifer grow out bucket??

BBS are really invasive and can take over rot cultures. Be careful not to use the same equipment between cultures without washing it really well.

BBS are really invasive and can take over rot cultures. Be careful not to use the same equipment between cultures without washing it really well.

Thanks for the info Brett. I appreciate the advice. I was scooping some rotifer water out of the bucket and replaciing it with fry tank water. Now that I have BBS in there, Ill need to use new SW.

Babies are doing good. No losses. They are starting to "wiggle" like clown fish, but they still look rather nondescript. I have another question... I just set up a hydro sponge filter. The rigid tube sticks out of the top of the water. Is this still going to filter?

You need to either cut down that tube, or raise the water level over the top of the tube ;)

Here you go... Ignore the nasty glass. Its time for some cleaning. I'm amazed how quickly these fry change.

picture.php

picture.php

Haven't had any losses. I believe there are 16 fish.

heres a brief video of the babies

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rVtbxbWmy08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They look good.
I never would have imagined they could handle that much flow.

Thanks John. There is very little flow in the tank. Its a 40 breeder with the airstone. Its funny, sometimes, they just huddle up and next to the bubbles from the airstone and hang-out in a tiny group. Other times they are spread out. Usually, there are even a couple fighting each other. I was surprised to see aggression at such a young age.
I've introduced flake food which they seem to be taking to just fine.

Im learning how to use utube.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7bVdRebHyEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back