I need IMMEDIATE help

fishykid9212

My pink anthias had ich so I put him into a quaranteen tank, with copper and greenex but now I just noticed a white blotch on his side, What is it, I really can't afford for it to die

Probably a bacterial infection. It will either start healing on its own now that you have QT or if it gets worse in the next day or 2 I would start treating w/ broard spectrum antibiotics like Marycin. Good luck it is a beautiful fish--was it being harassed that you know of?

Im going to see if I can get antibiotics tomorrow, the blotch is at the top just toward the right of the black looking vain. Would antibiotics the only other thing that will help it?

I am just guessing w/out seeing the symptoms---but I have seen white blotches (that I believe were bacterial) begin to heel after a few days of isolating a fish---but yes antibiotics would be the best medicine (antibiotics will become toxic after a couple of days and may kill nitrifying bacteria--so water changes and feeding sparingly--checking for ammonia). If the blotches do not enlarge or spread I would wait and let the fish heal from ich.

Back