I Spy

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14153952#post14153952 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by WaterKeeper
Mike, a Stomatella can't weigh more that a gram. He could sent it to you air mail wrapped in wet tissue paper. ;)
Just one? I'd need a few so they can do their thing and populate my stomatella-less tank.

Most times you don't even know you have any until they multiply, and multiply they do with a passion. Often they are not purposely added but are hitchhikers on the LR or LS. Many people seeing one for the first time think they are slugs as their shell only covers a small portion of their body. I think in that article by Ron he tells you that they escape predators by breaking off their rear end and leaving it behind. The price they pay for not having a shell in which to hide.

They are the string bikini wearers of snaildom. :eek1:

Awsome guys! Thanks for stepping in Waterkeep. I should have realized impatience would rule the day. ;)

Congrats Sugar. Congrats Texhorns. I'll make the google doc and tally the score.

Anyone else with a good knowledge of another reef-captive life-form they wish to play riddler for? If not, I'll pick another. Otherwise, winner gets first shot. Sugar??

I'm surprised that token didn't get the pic. Ron likes growing orchids too.

Hurry Sugar, on the Newbie forum a post is only on page one for a little while. Of course, it may take longer for them to get a reply to a question while WK is playing a game. ;)

Shoot, whys you're out due to the PM. (Sorry) You'll have to help this round too. EDIT NM whys, you hadn't read it so I cancelled the PM. You're back in!

But to be fair...the answer to both your question and token's is no.

Last edited:
Wow. Not a plant, not a cnidarian, sessile without bones but an "enjoyable" reef tank inhabitant.

Is it a mollusk?

Back