ID me please!

Diablitaroja

Hello All! Thanks in advance for peeking at this thread.

Here's the deal. I purchased this pair of clowns this last weekend and the FS I got them from was selling them as something I knew they were not. She told me they were Perc variants. They're obviously not, but we asked around to other stores and another fella said they were Clarkii variants, which is much more plausible. They don't quite look like Clarks though and I ran across a pic that makes me wonder if they might be Allards? Any thoughts would be appreciated! If it helps, they are still pretty small maybe 1.5 inches including the tail.

They sure are pretty little guys.

newfishy.jpg

They look much blacker in this pic than they actually are, they're more of a ruddy chocolate/tan, but if they look like clarks to you, I'm more than happy with that, I was just curious, thanks so much for replying!

yah, the tail had me thinking allardi, too...but the middle stripe doesn't seem right (the known allardi i had seen, the middle stripe was much narrower)

melanistic clarkii, pretty common from the Indo area.

If you know where you shipment comes in from, you can have a better guess on what it is. Usually Indo exporters will label anything black as black percula (for higher price)... this applies to black saddlebacks, sebae and black clarkii.

Loook like the black (melanistic) form of clarkii to me too. I picked up a 4"+ female recently, and then found a one inch juvie at another lfs that looks just like yours. After spending a few weeks in separate tanks in QT, I put the two together in a 55. They adapted quite well, and should make a nice pair.

Back