ID this please

phender

Hard to tell but it looks like a gig to me. Its holding itself in a very gig-like way. The long tentacles also point toward gig. It would be nice to have a definitive picture of purple or blue verracae, but they often fade during times of stress.

D-Nak

Hard to tell but it looks like a gig to me. Its holding itself in a very gig-like way. The long tentacles also point toward gig. It would be nice to have a definitive picture of purple or blue verracae, but they often fade during times of stress.

THIS.

Definitely need to see a photo of the verrucae to confirm.

Pinkskunk

just talk to Brian and he told me he will take some pics of the underside before he ship it out so i am good with that :) i really hope its a gig but i have looked at that pic so many times over and over today but i cant see any purple dots, so i am kind of feel a bit not too excited afterall :(

However, i am still feeling hopeful :)

nemguy

+1 Most certainly a gig can tell from the price and the tips of the tentacles and also by the way it's attached under the rock always very distinctive compared to the haddoni I have.

worm5406

Not afriad to admit wrong
Team RC
Am I missing pictures here??

The only one I see is this one:

DSC9360.jpg

zooman72

As others have stated, based on the one pic provided, it does appear to be a gig with the tentacles and positioning of the disc - I would bet on it being a gig...

Pinkskunk

sometime using the tentacles for IDing can be misleading, i have a red Hadoni and the tentacles are long

Attachments

• redcarpet.jpg
    redcarpet.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 0
  • carpet2.jpg
    carpet2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 0

joshky

Acros & Wrasses
Glad you're getting a photo of the verrucae, it's the only real way to know for sure with haddoni/gigantea, a stressed haddoni can look a lot like a gigantea, and then there's the alleged hybrids out there too.

OrionN

Moved on
I cannot tell. Better picture of the column would be nice. For me, not the length but the shape of the tentacle tips make it more like Gigantea (tapper tip = Gigantea, Bulbous tips = Haddoni) but the column, from what I see, make it more likely to be a Haddoni.

Pinkskunk

i was driving when the picture comes in, i took a quick peak and asked him to ship it, the pic confirms the ID of a gig. thanks everyone for trying to help ID this. now fingers crossed hoping for a healthy gig.

Attachments

• underside.jpg
    underside.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 0

D-Nak

i was driving when the picture comes in, i took a quick peak and asked him to ship it, the pic confirms the ID of a gig. thanks everyone for trying to help ID this. now fingers crossed hoping for a healthy gig.

Good luck! Definitely keep us posted.

joshky

Acros & Wrasses
I'm excited for you, gigs are so beautiful. :D I'd love a green one, maybe when I get a bigger tank, I think it's too risky in my current one.

worm5406

Not afriad to admit wrong
Team RC
Now that you can see that, I agree. Earlier the pictures showed none but good coloring.

Glad and jealous of what you have.

After March I might break down and get one again.