improving flow with Tunze nanostream 6055?

Mr_N1ce

Hi everyone

I have a 270L cube with the dimensions 65cm x 65cm x 65cm. About 72gallons. Currently the flow is provided by two Tunze 6045 but I have the feeling, they re no longer capable of moving the water enough. The Montiporas have been growing like crazy lately and I have the feeling this is affecting the flow.

My idea is to either replace one of the 6045 with a 6055 or to add the 6055 as a third pump to add some turbulent flow. Could that work or is the difference between the 6045 and the 6055 no big enough to make a change? Should I go for the 6095 instead?

Thanks for any advice

I would go with the 6095, the price is not much more and the 6055 is less than 50% stronger than the 6045. From practical experience, the 6045 flow reaches about 1m and the 6055 about 1.25m.

Well, the distance wouldnt be the biggest issue since each side of the cube is 65cm. But I'm considering the 6095 because of the wider flow. Since I'm just getting one pump right now, maybe I could go with the 7092 controller instead. I guess the biggest advantage of the 7095/7096 controller comes with more than one pump.

Yes, that is correct, with only one pump the 7095 or 7096 cannot do more than the 7092, but, if you plan a second pump, it is worthwhile to get the 7095 or 7096.

Thanks. I think I'll go for the 6095/7092 combination for now, there is a nice offer at my LFS for that combo. The controller should be easy to sell again, should I buy a second pump in the future.

Hi

so I got the 6095/7092 combination in my tank now :)
two questions:
1) Somehow, I am not able to set the minimum flow to 30% instead of 0%, the pump is always stopping and then turning on again.
2) The best waves I seem to get at below 2s which is the wavebox setting. Is there any long term problem to be expexted with the pump if it runs in this setting?

Hi

so I got the 6095/7092 combination in my tank now :)
two questions:
1) Somehow, I am not able to set the minimum flow to 30% instead of 0%, the pump is always stopping and then turning on again.
2) The best waves I seem to get at below 2s which is the wavebox setting. Is there any long term problem to be expexted with the pump if it runs in this setting?

short update: I solved Question 1. As soon as I increased the time to >2s, it automatically swithced to 30% minimum. But I'm still curious about the 2nd Question.

No harm will come from wavemode, the only issue will be that calcium builds up faster so the pumps should at least be opened and checked every 3-4 months and cleaned if needed.

Thanks! So far I love this pump. I'm happy I went with the 6095, the flow is really great. A lot of water movement but not too hard for my LPS at the same time.
Thumbs up! =)

Back