Incredible!!! Zilla 3!!

I should have the videos back up tomorrow afternoon as well as maybe a couple more...

My webhosting company is upgrading me to 5X my current bandwidth without an additional charge - that's service!!

Ok, so I watched the videos and read the thread (I'm beyond jealous) very nice setup but how does Kevin handle the humidity/evaporation?

Copes with Evaporation?

Whole-House Air Exchanger - dedicated to the basement

Plus, a 2.5 Ton A/C unit - dedicated to the basement

darrin

Wow. That's all I can really say. What an amazing setup. I'll be going home from work tonight to my "thimble-sized" 30g. :(

-K9

Congrats on getting it up and running...... I thought my new 650 display and 2-150g tubs(sump and refu) were gonna be big, I guess not..... Ughh, maybe bigger next time...

Also it keeps telling me that the "source filter for this file can not be located" ??? when i try to run the videos

Loudz34 said:
Also it keeps telling me that the "source filter for this file can not be located" ??? when i try to run the videos

You may need to update your Windows Media Player.

darrin

Well I......That Is.......I believe.......I am for.......the first time........in my life.......am speechless!!!! I am jealous of the people that went to see it, as much as I am of Kevins Z3. It's truely amazing.
And the questions that just seem to automatically pop up into your head--how did he do this, how does this run into that!!!!
It goes on forever!!

Wow, talk about a hidden secret! I really enjoyed getting this visual tour of the tank, and wish I was closer to see it in person.

Curious: Is there ever a time when the water is not filled with microbubbles, or is that just the way he likes it? Those were some amazing photographs of the tangs, which normally would be obscured by the microbubbles.

Scott, I like the look of them, just because they remind me of the exhaust system on an old-school muscle car.

Yea, baby... 69 Nova (or Chevelle)!!!!

Again, anyone know how the lift tubes actually work, and what the purpose is? Is it used for current? Do they replace pumps/power heads? What do they do and why??? :)

-Scott

Last edited:
Scott,

You are absolutely correct in that they produce current. Basically, Kevin installed some larger diameter pipes, around 4", with some 3/4" pipe going down the center of them. The 4" pipes are sitting in water and when the air flows down the 3/4" pipe the air draws water up the pipe. Since you have such an abundant amount of air, it is difficult to tame the micro-bubbles...

The image below should help...

darrin

lift_tubes.gif

Back