Incredible!!! Zilla 3!!

ReefWerkes

Premium Member
First off, thanks to Kevin Carpenter for his most generous hospitality.

I think most everyone who was there had the same "speechless" feeling as I did when they first saw the tank - incredible.

Pictures to follow....

darrin

Jim Craig and Gary Duke in front of the monster!!

KC_jim_gary.jpg

Some pics...

Some pics...

4'x8' Refugium

KC_refugium.jpg

Huge Skimmer!

KC_skimmer.jpg

Main Tank from Staircase

KC_tank_fromstairs.jpg

Main Tank from Back

KC_tank_behind.jpg

QT Tank, Grow-out Tank, Fuge and .... and ...

KC_water_processing.jpg

Kevin
Thank you very much for letting us into your home and allowing us to be inspired do go just a little bigger on the next tank.

I simply CANNOT STOP!!!

Jim congratulating SEASL first-timer Marc (stealyourhouse) on winning the 50/50...

jim_marc.jpg

Tom (Goalie66) was given the finger (leather that is)

jim_tom.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, Thanks Kevin...

Great house! and even better tank!!! Those who did not attend sure missed out on a fantasic expirence.

one word. AWESOME! oh yeah and Jealousy

Chris

I had a wonderful time! The coral is very nice, I can't wait to see it in a year!!

Dang your showing the clubs secret handshake!
Also Jim was standing on a box. :)

Thanks Kevin!

Tom

Last edited:
The videos are great! They are a super way to capture the size of Zilla III.

Thanks again to Kevin for sharing this incredible creation!

Jim Craig

I had seen the pics and thought I was prepared but until you see it in person and enter its environment you cannot really get the full impact of Z3. I have seen many tanks full of incredible living things but this tank itself is an incredible living thing, thriving, bubbling, and as I understand, sometimes spitting. My hat is off to Kevin (if you fish it out of the sump let me know) for building Z3 and thanks for allowing SEASL to visit.
Also, great pics and videos guys.

Thanks to all

Thanks to all

All of you were so nice and knowledgeable I appreciate you welcoming me. I felt like that was a once-in-a-lifetime experience to see something like that in a home, awesome job Kevin. I think you inspired all of us to rethink and dream a little bit more on our next tank. My wife is worried.

Rick

Back