Is it safe to eat aiptasia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9479273#post9479273 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by littlefish72
I got some aptasia in my tank.....if you're ever in the Philly area let me know

Mmmmm Philly Apstaisia-steak!!
You put Hots on there, or sweet?

Just like Mom used to make (I'm from Wilmington originally)

Sounds like the kind of idiot that I want my girls to date! I pray that my girls find somebody smarter than that idiot!

IMHO, some of you on this thread are being way too harsh on the kid. I think it shows a hunger for learning using personal experinces. The kid's probably a genius. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9486749#post9486749 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Wampas
Sounds like the kind of idiot that I want my girls to date! I pray that my girls find somebody smarter than that idiot!
You know it's really not necessary to call him an idiot.

I am soo proud to be who i am right now. Honestly if he needs hospital help i wouldn't help one bit.

Sorry to hear that your daughter has "this" as a BF. Of course the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

wow, its amazing how hard-headed people are... a kid ate a aiptasia as a joke to be funny im sure, and was told it was a mistake, probally learning from it. i have to admit, its a pretty funny visual. Maby all you who are calling this guy and idiot or what not should grow up just a bit, seeing as most of you are, in fact, grown ups, and he's not. As a 17 year old kid i can testify that ive eaten weird things on dares and such (for better or for worse) and its not exactly out of the ordinary behavior. granted its not the smarted behavior, but stupid crap is part of growing up. so anyways, before i break into even more of a monologe, make an effort to see things as funny and not an oppertunity to pounce on someone's parenting ethics. by the way, great share.:)

by the way, i by no means am imcluding everyone in that last entry, only those who outright attacked the character and/or intellegence of those involved.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9488293#post9488293 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by clevername2000
I am soo proud to be who i am right now. Honestly if he needs hospital help i wouldn't help one bit.

Sorry to hear that your daughter has "this" as a BF. Of course the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

AMEN!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9488319#post9488319 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DylanE
wow, its amazing how hard-headed people are... a kid ate a aiptasia as a joke to be funny im sure, and was told it was a mistake, probally learning from it. i have to admit, its a pretty funny visual. Maby all you who are calling this guy and idiot or what not should grow up just a bit, seeing as most of you are, in fact, grown ups, and he's not. As a 17 year old kid i can testify that ive eaten weird things on dares and such (for better or for worse) and its not exactly out of the ordinary behavior. granted its not the smarted behavior, but stupid crap is part of growing up. so anyways, before i break into even more of a monologe, make an effort to see things as funny and not an oppertunity to pounce on someone's parenting ethics. by the way, great share.:)
Thanks Dylan, I completely agree.

You know, the first time somebody looked at a cow or a fish and said "Hey, I bet I could eat that" I'm sure all his friends thought he was an idiot. Do any of you know for a fact that aiptasia aren't actually quite delicious?!

jds

im by no way condoning kids eating them, i know it can make you sick, im just saying that see as he had no idea that it was dangerous, it doesnt make him an idiot, just careless, a substantal difference. and i think the comparison of hand feeding a 6 foot moray finger shaped proccessed meat and the of eating a 1/4" invert is a slighty exaggerated metphor.

Dang. Folks need to loosen up here a little. So someone ate an aiptasia? So what? He obviously didn't get sick, and so no harm was done.

I'm amazed at how criticizing people can be....the kid was just goofing around....give him a break. I never thought when I saw this thread last night it would still be going strong 24 hrs later....

Damn people let it go.....

Anyone sticks there hand into my aquarium, pulls out something, and then eats it, has more to worry about then just the latest snack making them sick. :uzi:

News alert:
Last night Jimmy Brown was killed by drowning after eating a piee of Oregon tort from a neighobors tank. The police have ruled the homocide justafiable. (My local policeman is a reefer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back