Is it safe to eat aiptasia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, if he starts showing any symptoms, try feeding him some peppermint shrimps :p or inject him with some Joe's Juice :lol:

Did he chew it? I'd be concerned about it attaching to his throat or the stomach lining. All in all it just proves that he has no respect for your hobby or himself. TinMan

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9479428#post9479428 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fish like me
Hey, if he starts showing any symptoms, try feeding him some peppermint shrimps :p or inject him with some Joe's Juice :lol:
:lol: Good one!

Jim, he really didn't make much of a face - you'd think it would have been more spectacular...but I know he ate it. He just kept saying that it was stinging his mouth a little... I told him he is probably the only person to ever eat one. Now he has something in common with CBB's and peppermints.

Steve, they all went to the park - but he looked fine when they left. I warned them to take any symptoms seriously.

Yeah, about the zoos....id depends on the specific type of zoo...but some can be highly toxic...I don't even frag'em without wearing gloves and eye protection....he definately needs to be warned that eating anyting out of yoru tank could be surprisingly bad.

So did he just grab a rock out of your tank with an aiptasia stuck to it and bite it off? Aiptasia retract pretty good when disturbed, I'd be interested how he was able to get at it.

well I do know if aptasia are threatened they will expose thier internal organs. Usually the stomach and intestines. This can be slightly poisonous.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9478961#post9478961 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by alan214
Umm, did you read the post from the guy whose dog died from just drinking the water from a tank with Zoa's?

Yes I did. However I've seen estimates of how many zoanthids someone would have to ingest to die and it was a heck of a lot more than one. Yes Palytoxin is VERY deadly, but most of the zoanthids we keep are believed to contain little or no palytoxin. I'd suggest not taste testing them to find out ;)

I'll just stop there since I don't want a silly thread to turn into a serious debate.

I think we both agree one one thing though. DON'T EAT YOUR CORALS PEOPLE!:lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9480062#post9480062 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dirtyreefer
So did he just grab a rock out of your tank with an aiptasia stuck to it and bite it off? Aiptasia retract pretty good when disturbed, I'd be interested how he was able to get at it.

Maybe this guy could be like a Copperbanded Butterfly for hire for reef aquarists with Aiptasia problems :p

I don't buy it. Unless it fell off of a rock you can't just pull those things off... they contract and are very slippery. Then they get really stressed and explode lol.

You couldn't sell me that story if it was free. :rollface: :rollface: :rollface:

LOL - no he really ate it - it was scraped of the glass of my 30g _ I saw it go into his mouth on te spoon and I grabbed the spoon right after to see for myself :)

So you let the kid eat it............... maybe the kid isnt the one to worry about. :mad2:

This can't be real. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back