Is it safe to eat aiptasia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel*Fish

cats and large squashes
My daughter's boyfriend ate one a few miutes ago - said it stung his mouth a little. Will he make it through the night?

this is not a good practice. What if he ate a zoa? This kid would be dead by now...... I dont think aptasia are toxic but I would not eat them. Does he feel sick? If so get to a hospital.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9478748#post9478748 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tang Salad
I'd worry more about your daughter than her boyfriend.
My thoughts exactly. I can't remember hearing that one before.

Ask him why would he eat something a bristleworm wouldn't ???

Tell your daughter to get a new boyfriend. He sounds like a reject from Jack***. Next he'll be setting himself on fire.

The real question is WHY did he eat it????

If there is swelling/numbness around his mouth, tongue, neck and/or nausea (due to neg reaction to the aptasia chemicals), then yes you should worry and get medical help for him.

Otherwise a good slap on the head would do.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9478780#post9478780 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by boxfishpooalot
this is not a good practice. What if he ate a zoa? This kid would be dead by now...... I dont think aptasia are toxic but I would not eat them. Does he feel sick? If so get to a hospital.

Someone would have to eat quite a few zoanthids for it to kill them.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9478867#post9478867 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fish like me
Maybe he was hungry?
Yes, he was hungry - I was cooking lasagne and my oven broke and everyone was starvng - I went upstairs & discovered him eating wildlife :eek1:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9478917#post9478917 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Angel*Fish
Yes, he was hungry - I was cooking lasagne and my oven broke and everyone was starvng - I went upstairs & discovered him eating wildlife :eek1:

Just give him a shot of some coffee brown skimmate to wash down the aiptasia with, and it'll be all good.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9478898#post9478898 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Peter Eichler
Someone would have to eat quite a few zoanthids for it to kill them.

Umm, did you read the post from the guy whose dog died from just drinking the water from a tank with Zoa's?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9478953#post9478953 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by drummereef
What a moron... good kid though. good kid. :D
LOL -OK, OK :D

But he really is a good kid - he just thought he was eating sushi :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9479273#post9479273 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by littlefish72
I got some aptasia in my tank.....if you're ever in the Philly area let me know
LOL - :lol: My first thought was to see if he wanted to hop in the tank for a little maintenance

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9478937#post9478937 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fish like me
Just give him a shot of some coffee brown skimmate to wash down the aiptasia with, and it'll be all good.
LOL- I explained to him what that was - I don't think he's gonna go for it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back