Is this ro/di a good deal or junk?

I purchased this exact one a while back. They do produced 0 ppm tds, but for not very long. I'm thinking somewhere in 50 - 100 gallon range and then you need to buy another di filter. Go another route, they just don't last long enough. Get a brs unit that has replaceable di resin. That's what I'm going to do when I get the money.

Thanks for the input dan, I figured 70 bucks with shipping was probably to good to be true. I suppose i would need a storage tank, wouldnt I? I could just use a big rubbermade though, right? With RO/DI units they have to be continually run as far as I understand, but I've never had one before so I don't understand exactly how they work. You cant turn them off at all? Will they make how many gallons they are rated for every day, or can you slow them down? I only have two nano tanks so I really don't need a ton of water on a daily basis, just a little bit for top off water and maybe 8 gallons at the most for a water change.

I would assume they work how mine does when the storage tank is empty where it just makes a little bit trickle out. That may be fine for you since you only have an 8 gallon, you could just put the output in a jug and turn it off when it has filled it up.

Back