Is this the exciting future of Live Rock? Must See!!!

The eagle has landed...

The eagle has landed...

Reminded me of the lunar lander touching down, poof of gulf dust...then picture...that was cool! LOL

where is the dad gum flounder......

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

I'm a little confused and have a question. So, is the rock pictured on page 1 what we would get if we ordered live rock right now? Or is this something that is going to be harvested in the future?

Wow, that is truly amazing rock. Soooo much better than the crappy rock we get here in the UK...

Any chance you can send this rock to the UK? I know we get Real Reef Rock etc, so it is a possibility...

Maybe approach one of the big names in the UK. :)

Yes, being it is aqua cultured, and not coral....travels without a CITES permit, however does require a US Fish+Wildlife clearance fee of $250.00 for each shipment...to go across the pond!

sea ya
Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

Very interesting. Just took a look at the website. So if your system is purchased, and the tank is cycled per your instructions, it eliminates the need for future water changes? Is that the case or did I simply read it wrong?

Very interesting. Just took a look at the website. So if your system is purchased, and the tank is cycled per your instructions, it eliminates the need for future water changes? Is that the case or did I simply read it wrong?

When using the Package...and part one...no water changes unless the ammonia goes over 1ppm....while the tank cycles...and then part two goes in...same deal...no changes unless the ammonia goes over 1ppm....

most folks never have to do a water changes on part one....as this is real live rock and sand...makes setting up a tank painless..

read here
http://tbsaltwater.com/thepackage/index.html

sea ya
Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com :bounce1::bounce1::bounce1:

The instructions are purely for initial setup/cycle.
Like Richard explained, most of the time there is very little "cycle" if any and you end up with a tank ready to support a light bio-load within a week or two from the time you receive Part I.

After that, it's just like any other established reef tank... water changes are recommended.

The instructions are purely for initial setup/cycle.
Like Richard explained, most of the time there is very little "cycle" if any and you end up with a tank ready to support a light bio-load within a week or two from the time you receive Part I.

After that, it's just like any other established reef tank... water changes are recommended.

Correct...and here is a typical feedback on a Package purchase from last week!

Good morning from Punta Gorda,

My "Package: Part One" was delivered a week ago today.

Ammonia never got above 0.25, and is now showing zero. Nitrites also show zip. I haven't changed any water, just had to ATO add RODI. Still no skimmer action.

Life in the tank seems pretty healthy. My new pet is (I think) a pincushion urchin about 1.25 inches with light gray spines who carries around a thin piece of rock and a small shell. He's everywhere. I hear the pistol shrimp every 10 or 15 minutes, but I have never seen him. I removed 6 whelks between 1/4 inch and 3/4 inch. Lots of very pretty tiny feather dusters, etc.

So I'm really glad I decided to have you supply the basis for my little piece of the reef.

I would like your judgment about when to do "Part II."

I can work my schedule to be free whenever the shipment comes. As early as tomorrow, if you think we're ready. Or next week if we should wait a bit.

Thanks in advance for you help and good information.

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com :bounce3::bounce3::bounce3:

Do you have to buy a package or can you just buy the live rock? Anybody know if you can pick it up locally. we make trips to Florida every couple of years and I would definitely drive to Tampa to pick up a box on our way home.

Wishing you good conditions this morning as I know we have been having our rounds of summer storms.

Salty life to be sure!!

Mark

I pushed a few buttons on my phone this morning and thirty minutes later Richard calls me and now I get to see this rock up close tomorrow morning. That, Ladies and Gentlemen, is great customer service, and on a Sunday to boot.

Back