Is this the exciting future of Live Rock? Must See!!!

I only ended up paying $63 for the freight since it only weighed 25# with the water.

Totally worth it for this quality product.

Not that it's proportional, but same-day delivery for many pounds of weight at that price is dirt cheap compared to 50 bucks overnight for a coral shipment that might weigh a pound.

I can't wait for my tank to clear up so I can put my order in. Driving me crazy.

Not that it's proportional, but same-day delivery for many pounds of weight at that price is dirt cheap compared to 50 bucks overnight for a coral shipment that might weigh a pound.

I can't wait for my tank to clear up so I can put my order in. Driving me crazy.

Agreed. It is crazy fast too. It left Florida at 1900 and was in my tank at 0900 the next morning.

What rock to get?

What rock to get?

I am ready to order my live rock from TBS but not sure if I should get the regular live rock or the 2.1 eco rock. I am a newbie and a little worried about what might be on the rock but I know I don't want the dull looking stuff at my LFS, what do you guys think?

I am ready to order my live rock from TBS but not sure if I should get the regular live rock or the 2.1 eco rock. I am a newbie and a little worried about what might be on the rock but I know I don't want the dull looking stuff at my LFS, what do you guys think?

Request both. Get the regular rock as part one of the package and request the new rock with part two. I happen to really like the older rock myself.

2.1 rock harvest 7/10/15

2.1 rock harvest 7/10/15

Nice day diving today...and the rock is amazing!!

Started out early

Sun saying...Hello!

Took a buddy of mine from Colorado to get him good and sunburned....

Down he goes...

And the Rock!

In stock and ready for your tank!

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com :spin2::

Those last pictures are amazing. I haven't seen rock like that in 15 or 20 years or since they banned wild harvested Florida rock

Really amazing stuff. I'm in the process of planning out a new 75 Gallon build and was set on ordering the dry reef rock 2.1 but after seeing this thread, I think I'm going to order the rock from TB! The diversity on that rock is just outstanding.

wow that rock does look amazing! that is the 2:1 correct and not the older stuff. i know silly question. I am full of them, just making sure.

oh and why is your buddy using his emergency reg.? i once was renting gear and the main reg. was not working right before the dive after we wherein the water so i ended up using my emergency and everyone was looking at me like ***. a friend took some pic of me over an amazing reef and of course my reg stands out like a sore thumb...haha

anyway back to the rock! man that stuff is gonna look crazy in 6 more months. i mean it look amazing now but in another 6 months wow its gonna be off the took.

you better get another shipment in from walt. as this stuff gonna go fast I bet.

I like to order a little extra to make sure I get a number of different shapes and sizes. For a minimalist scape I'd say 20-30 lbs. should be good. I would probably go 30 just to make sure I wasn't short of my goal.

Also, while not necessary, if you have some fellow reefers in your club or nearby you may want to see if someone or a group will share in the cost of shipping on a group order. This would also allow everyone to share in buying a few extra pounds so everyone is happy.

Richard is great with communication and customer service so if you mock up a little drawing with dimensions he'll be sure to get you what you want. While each piece of Eco rock is unique they do come in several similar shapes. Off the top of my head there are medium to large roundish rocks, small to medium holey rocks, branch type rocks for caves and shelf rocks.

I like to order a little extra to make sure I get a number of different shapes and sizes. For a minimalist scape I'd say 20-30 lbs. should be good. I would probably go 30 just to make sure I wasn't short of my goal.

Also, while not necessary, if you have some fellow reefers in your club or nearby you may want to see if someone or a group will share in the cost of shipping on a group order. This would also allow everyone to share in buying a few extra pounds so everyone is happy.

Richard is great with communication and customer service so if you mock up a little drawing with dimensions he'll be sure to get you what you want. While each piece of Eco rock is unique they do come in several similar shapes. Off the top of my head there are medium to large roundish rocks, small to medium holey rocks, branch type rocks for caves and shelf rocks.

+1 to all of that.
And I might even go 40 lbs with the 2.1 rock because it's lighter than the older stuff, and at that weight, we're not talking a big diff. Use the extra in your sump, frag tank, etc or sell it to a local reefer.

Back