Is this the exciting future of Live Rock? Must See!!!

Going to be setting my tank back up after a 2 year break, had a full tank crash and could not get m self to start over at the time.
Anyways, thought you stated your rock was down for 6 months? if so is there any plans for 1 year rock or like 2 year rock? Decent live rock here in Ca is 9 a pound up to 15 if it actually has something on it LOL.
With what your showing and everyones comments I think paying a little premium for something most people though was long gone would not be hard. Just curious. Would be great to buy 50lbs of rock that actually had been down for a year or two to seed my 300lbs of ugly dried out rock from my old tank but after seeing the first pictures Im not sure its worth it, may just buy new rockand save me the 6 months.

Going to be setting my tank back up after a 2 year break, had a full tank crash and could not get m self to start over at the time.
Anyways, thought you stated your rock was down for 6 months? if so is there any plans for 1 year rock or like 2 year rock? Decent live rock here in Ca is 9 a pound up to 15 if it actually has something on it LOL.
With what your showing and everyones comments I think paying a little premium for something most people though was long gone would not be hard. Just curious. Would be great to buy 50lbs of rock that actually had been down for a year or two to seed my 300lbs of ugly dried out rock from my old tank but after seeing the first pictures Im not sure its worth it, may just buy new rockand save me the 6 months.

I started this in 1984....and have had millions of pounds of rock in the water since 1993...see here

http://tbsaltwater.com/liverock/index.html

and here

http://tbsaltwater.com/testimonials/index.html
for what is available....

sea ya
Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

Have thre been anh tests done on nutrients/chemicals/whatnot that leach from the rock when its ready to be put into the holding bay?
51.gif
37.gif

here ya go

http://tbsaltwater.com/liverock/LiveRockStudy.pdf

Less than 24 hours have elapsed since I submitted my order and my tank is aquascaped! I sneaked out of work for an "appointment" and zoomed to the airport, paid the freight, and took it home... easy peasy. My hasty aquascape doesn't look half bad. I overthink it when have unlimited time. I will snap some pics when I get back home and the dust is settled.

The rock came incredibly well packaged submerged in water. It is teeming with life. I like the shapes and this new rock is an aquascapers dream. It stays put like Legos. The size is exactly what I asked for.

There were also some bonus gorgonians, polyps, and a sponge in there. Too bad I had to go back to work :(

Thanks Richard!

Less than 24 hours have elapsed since I submitted my order and my tank is aquascaped! I sneaked out of work for an "appointment" and zoomed to the airport, paid the freight, and took it home... easy peasy. My hasty aquascape doesn't look half bad. I overthink it when have unlimited time. I will snap some pics when I get back home and the dust is settled.

The rock came incredibly well packaged submerged in water. It is teeming with life. I like the shapes and this new rock is an aquascapers dream. It stays put like Legos. The size is exactly what I asked for.

There were also some bonus gorgonians, polyps, and a sponge in there. Too bad I had to go back to work :(

Thanks Richard!

Thanks for the feedback!

Delta did great getting it there so fast....and now it is in Madison Wi.!!

sea ya
Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

Thanks Richard!
I can't believe you went back to work. :lol:

PICS!

This is interesting. The biggest concern I would have is how difficult it is to stack. I'd like to see some pictures of structures made out of it.

I'm getting a 120 gallon tank set up. I've had about 100 pounds of rock in a couple of bins for several months now. The rock is cycled, but not "live". My plan was to get some real live rock. Long story short, it wasn't actually "live". I know, many of you have "been there, done that."

I'm very interested in this rock, but want to understand the costs. If I bought "The Package" 25, then I would get 50 lbs rock, 25 lbs sand, 25 hermits, 13 snails, 2 cukes, 1 star, 1 shrimp. The cost, without shipping, would be $319.00.

Since it would come in two shipments, and the minimum price for shipping is based on 100 pounds, I would pay another $180 for shipping. Total price would be ~ $499?

Thanks!

Thanks ;) it's eight pounds. I ordered ten. A two pound piece is downstairs with the bonus items in my holding tank.

I'm getting a 120 gallon tank set up. I've had about 100 pounds of rock in a couple of bins for several months now. The rock is cycled, but not "live". My plan was to get some real live rock. Long story short, it wasn't actually "live". I know, many of you have "been there, done that."

I'm very interested in this rock, but want to understand the costs. If I bought "The Package" 25, then I would get 50 lbs rock, 25 lbs sand, 25 hermits, 13 snails, 2 cukes, 1 star, 1 shrimp. The cost, without shipping, would be $319.00.

Since it would come in two shipments, and the minimum price for shipping is based on 100 pounds, I would pay another $180 for shipping. Total price would be ~ $499?

Usually, yes two separate shipments...but with your 120...will be a piece of cake to add a 25 gallon Package all at once...I do that all the time for folks who have a large established tank and want to add the diversity of a smaller Package to it. So...one shipment....is what you are looking at!

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com :beer:

Thanks!

The new tank has been endorsed by both my wife and daughter, and that's saying something because both of them view my hobby as more of a nuisance. They were saying things like "wow" and "natural looking" and were surprised that the rock was artificial.

I have found one bad thing about this rock: New corals will not go unnoticed in this tank.

The new tank has been endorsed by both my wife and daughter, and that's saying something because both of them view my hobby as more of a nuisance. They were saying things like "wow" and "natural looking" and were surprised that the rock was artificial.

I have found one bad thing about this rock: New corals will not go unnoticed in this tank.

Well...now that they are looking at your tank, I would not be surprised if somehow one just appeared for you now! LOL

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com :dance:

Usually, yes two separate shipments...but with your 120...will be a piece of cake to add a 25 gallon Package all at once...I do that all the time for folks who have a large established tank and want to add the diversity of a smaller Package to it. So...one shipment....is what you are looking at!

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com
Thanks for the reply.

Just to make sure, the 120 isn't established. I do have about 100 pounds of cycled rock in bins with heaters and pumps running. One shipment would be OK?

So tempting.

Thanks for the reply.

Just to make sure, the 120 isn't established. I do have about 100 pounds of cycled rock in bins with heaters and pumps running. One shipment would be OK?

So tempting.

I would set the tank up with everything you are going to use....let it flow a week...than add the package...you will have no issues as you have such a large volume of water...

Back