It's Friday and time for reef keeping discussion

ycnibrc

STAG HORN DOMINATE REEF
Well TGIF I know everyone is relax and enjoy their reef tank however there are others having problems with their tank. I have read many thread on reef forums and most diagnosed on problem reef tank are:
1) Light related
2) Alkalinity related
3) Flow related
4) Pest related
5) Water chemistry related
6) Chemical related
7) Equipment related
8) Husbandry related
9) Knowledge related
10) God related
Lol if you guys can add more to this list please do. I can tell u this list miss the most important thing for successfully keeping a thriving reef tank to me but may be not to others. I haven't seen any one ask about it yet. Have fun on discussion and keep it fun. Reefing is very individual no methods or systems are the best one but I have been keeping Sps for 30 years so I pick up some knowledge along the way.
Ahhh just a picture to make the post look more interested :)

By the way I'm not a vendor ABC Corals is stand for Anthony Best Coral

I know you're a calcium reactor guy but I'm a little sick of my doser but don't have room for a reactor. You forget to push a button on my existing doser and it stays off. I've done this a few times. Luckily I noticed this last time within the first 24 hours.

Thinking GHL may be a expensive fix but a good one. Jeabo design with the controls on top won't work.

What's your thoughts.
Delete if you don't like the topic Haha

Last edited:
I know you're a calcium reactor guy but I'm a little sick of my doser but don't have room for a reactor. You forget to push a button on my existing doser and it stays off. I've done this a few times. Luckily I noticed this last time within the first 24 hours.

Thinking GHL may be a expensive fix but a good one. Jeabo design with the controls on top won't work.

What's your thoughts.

GHL is good but they are complicated to set up. For me personally I like Kamoer I have chat with GC and he likes it also. All I can tell you is Kamoer main business is building scientific equipment for testing just recently they making doser for aquarium use. They have been build peralastic pump for a long time. Their price is reasonable and easy to program through wifi.

I have a GHL, which I used on my 22g. Now you can use the app to connect and program everything, which is so much better than using a PC. I'm a mac guy, so setting it up was a PITA, but with the new app, there's no looking back. I haven't found a better doser for the money, but that's just me. I have the stand alone, so no controller needed.

On to the topic, I think patience is one of the major keys to success. Without it, you're going to run into problems.

I have a GHL, which I used on my 22g. Now you can use the app to connect and program everything, which is so much better than using a PC. I'm a mac guy, so setting it up was a PITA, but with the new app, there's no looking back. I haven't found a better doser for the money, but that's just me. I have the stand alone, so no controller needed.

On to the topic, I think patience is one of the major keys to success. Without it, you're going to run into problems.

Good point about patient but it's not directly cause problem for the tank.

What's your thoughts.

Been rocking the same bubble magus since it released.. the buttons are hard to press but it has never failed me.

GHL with 3 heads is only $60 more than Kamoer though and you can add on hmmmm
Yeah the existing doser Scrapz is good quality just that program function I should call malfunction. [emoji57]

My 8 month old Red Dragon has started showing some skeleton. I am hoping it is from 0 phosphates? I have been running GFO for about 6 months because phosphates were .4 I removed GFO and started the carbon reactor. The only other change I made was doubling my vinegar dosing 10 days ago. (I just cut it back) Fingers crossed that I dont start to lose my Tenius corals.
Cheers! Mark

So I’m running a Vectra M1 on my Red Sea reefer 425xl and using 3/4” flexible tubing. What do you guys think my head pressure loss is? I’m trying to figure out how much to dial it up.

My 8 month old Red Dragon has started showing some skeleton. I am hoping it is from 0 phosphates? I have been running GFO for about 6 months because phosphates were .4 I removed GFO and started the carbon reactor. The only other change I made was doubling my vinegar dosing 10 days ago. (I just cut it back) Fingers crossed that I dont start to lose my Tenius corals.
Cheers! Mark

Red dragons don't take nutrient fluctuation well...

mine can handle Alk swing no problem.. but when nutrient spikes, my RD die first

What's your thoughts.

done it soooo many times with BM doser.. set it all up and forget to press escape.. measure in 3 days and major Alk dip..

I broke 3 BM doser already.. about once a year they break. I switched to cheap Jebao doser for none essential supplements. they seem to work well so far. easy to program.

Last edited:
Great thread! It’s been a long work week and now my cleaner shrimp is a dentist.
xt78n1hl.jpg

Thought I'd share seen this at AOA

Thought I'd share seen this at AOA

Seen at AOA just in case anyone's looking for one.

Attachments

• B0E49DFB-0B7A-4903-A355-F1E0FB4E74AE.jpg
    B0E49DFB-0B7A-4903-A355-F1E0FB4E74AE.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 6367A6EB-5698-4424-B249-D34312000923.jpg
    6367A6EB-5698-4424-B249-D34312000923.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 0
Indo starting exporting again this summer..:)

Who ever hoarding all the gold torches.. Now is chance to cash in lol

Back