JBNY's 270 Ver2.0

Joe the tank is looking amazing buddy. How are you liking the triton method and no water changes? How often do you send water in for testing? Do you have a large refugium? Use a CA/RX or just dosing?

Sorry for the questions just haven't been on the thread for awhile man.

Corey

I know you use a pax bellum, so I'm curious what kind of lighting cycle do you run with it. I used to run 12 hours a night with a fuge but I'm now wondering if people are running these reactors 24hr on.?

Tank looks amazing! Can't wait to see it in 6 more months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched Reefbums video then came across this thread! My lucky day. Amazing tanks!

Many Thanks! It was a lot of fun doing that video

Joe the tank is looking amazing buddy. How are you liking the triton method and no water changes? How often do you send water in for testing? Do you have a large refugium? Use a CA/RX or just dosing?

Sorry for the questions just haven't been on the thread for awhile man.

Corey

I like Triton but I only dose the elements and don't really follow the other parts of the method, other than not doing water changes, cause really, who wants to do water changes. But I do send out water test every 4-6 months. I have a ARID algae reactor rather than a refugium. But I had the ARID about a year before I switched to Triton dosing. I pulled the reactor when I started dosing and don't plan on putting it back at this point.

Have you made any adjustments in how you are using ozone to disinfect?

No, I just use ozone for water clarity, the same as I have been dong for about 10-12 years.

I know you use a pax bellum, so I'm curious what kind of lighting cycle do you run with it. I used to run 12 hours a night with a fuge but I'm now wondering if people are running these reactors 24hr on.?

Tank looks amazing! Can't wait to see it in 6 more months

Run it at a max of 18 hours on and 6 off. Algae needs time to rest. Basically if it is not pulling enough nutrients up the time to a max of 18 hours, if you need it to pull less nutrients then ramp the lights down.

Updated video for November. Tank is doing well, but I feel I am going to have to get in their and do some serious fragging soon.

<iframe width="1024" height="576" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dTZAr245uBE?rel=0?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

very nice Joe!

Watching your tank and the water movement at the top when it is at the end with the FTS, it looks like only the pump on the right is going?

Do you always have one run for a couple minutes, then stop and have the other one run? Never have them at the same time? I was wondering your opinion on this

very nice Joe!

Watching your tank and the water movement at the top when it is at the end with the FTS, it looks like only the pump on the right is going?

Do you always have one run for a couple minutes, then stop and have the other one run? Never have them at the same time? I was wondering your opinion on this

Thanks Cody. Yes I have only one pump on at a time. I have them alternate every 12 minutes. I have tried a ton of different configurations, both on for a time, pulsing one and ramping up and down the other., wave action, etc. having only one running and alternating the two seemed to be both the easiest to manage and produce the best results.

Video of tank is amazing! Corals just flat out look happy!

I see on your return it looks like a vertex mocean?! I've been on the hunt for a working model for awhile now! How do you like it?

Video of tank is amazing! Corals just flat out look happy!

I see on your return it looks like a vertex mocean?! I've been on the hunt for a working model for awhile now! How do you like it?

Thanks, the motionocena died a few years ago, it was great while it worked but now it is just a dead pump, I left it there mainly because it is plumbed into the tank already and a bit of a pain to remove.

Amazing as always Joe!

Thanks Chris.

I just realized it has been a long time since I have posted any pictures. Here are some updated shots from the other day.

2017120204.jpg

2017120213.jpg

2017120220.jpg

2017120212.jpg

2017120215.jpg

2017120216.jpg

Awesome Joe, just amazing growth and colors. I say it every time, I'll say it again, I love the size of this tank. :)

Back