JCole's big ol box of Acro's

Awesome. I’ve been looking at upgrading my halides just haven’t had the money. Been looking hard at Hamilton but the reef brite also draw my eye

Awesome. I’ve been looking at upgrading my halides just haven’t had the money. Been looking hard at Hamilton but the reef brite also draw my eye

Hopefully they will work out well. Hamilton was running a sale 5 months ago. 400w Pendant, ballast, and a Radium bulb for $275. I couldn't resist. Plus I already have the T5's to go with it.

Nice looking tank I'm jealous sir! You mentioned the UV issue, and for my upcoming tank I want to install one. What brand do you use and how many watts? I heard you want the highest watt possible to align with gallons so you're also purifying the water of ich and other fish diseases. Do you find this to be true?

Nice looking tank I'm jealous sir! You mentioned the UV issue, and for my upcoming tank I want to install one. What brand do you use and how many watts? I heard you want the highest watt possible to align with gallons so you're also purifying the water of ich and other fish diseases. Do you find this to be true?

Thank you! It is a work in progress.

I went with the Pentair 120S High Output for the new build. It is 120 watts. It is mounted but not yet tied into the system. It is a beast and should get the job done.

20220829_212619.jpg

With my old 150 gallon build I ran a 50w Jebao which did a good job.

I say get the biggest UV you can for your setup. They only real issue you will experience is added heat but that is if you run it slow. The slower the flow the better it is for protozoa, pathogens, etc. The faster the better for algae. I prefer slow as it takes care of most diseases, pathogens, etc.

My tank went downhill within weeks of removing my old UV sterilizer 5 months ago.

Looking for ideas and recommendations for a rectangle reservoir for the side of my sump. The purpose is so I can monitor the water level with a float switch while keeping a lot of flow in my sump.

Any ideas or recommendations for a reservoir or setup?I am looking to keep it rectangular as well.

SUMP RESEVOIR.jpg

Perhaps a DIY using acrylic panels? Or a custom order from a tank manufacturer. Im not sure I’ve seen anything commercially available like that

Looking for ideas and recommendations for a rectangle reservoir for the side of my sump. The purpose is so I can monitor the water level with a float switch while keeping a lot of flow in my sump.

Any ideas or recommendations for a reservoir or setup?I am looking to keep it rectangular as well.

View attachment 32374076
Small aquarium on a stand connected with pvc pipe and uniseals. You just want like a massive sight gauge with the ability to trigger a float switch right?

Perhaps a DIY using acrylic panels? Or a custom order from a tank manufacturer. Im not sure I’ve seen anything commercially available like that

I did order some acrylic and plan on making a box to put on the inside. That might be the best option at this point.

Small aquarium on a stand connected with pvc pipe and uniseals. You just want like a massive sight gauge with the ability to trigger a float switch right?

Yes. I just want an area to keep a float switch that wont be affected by the turbulence.

Found a good source for my lower pH issues. After Cipro, I am able to monitor pH better. Things such as fresh air, etc actually help and make a difference with the pH now. I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that my pH will drop randomly all of sudden and I found the source.

The water heater is in the garage with the sumps, etc. When the fire kicks on to heat the tank it must be putting off an excessive amount of CO2 and leaking out into the garage. My pH dipped a full .10 this morning while taking a shower. I have a dilemma. Either fix this issue or stop taking showers.....

1663339644888.png

Found a good source for my lower pH issues. After Cipro, I am able to monitor pH better. Things such as fresh air, etc actually help and make a difference with the pH now. I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that my pH will drop randomly all of sudden and I found the source.

The water heater is in the garage with the sumps, etc. When the fire kicks on to heat the tank it must be putting off an excessive amount of CO2 and leaking out into the garage. My pH dipped a full .10 this morning while taking a shower. I have a dilemma. Either fix this issue or stop taking showers.....

1663339644888.png
Well the first thought would be to run the skimmer line outside. I honestly think a better solution is to have some sort of exhaust fan that can kick on but obviously that would require a bit more MacGyvering and expense. The reason I say the latter is a better option is because I have my skimmer line running outside but I've had my skimmer off for 3 weeks now doing a fluconazole treatment and there has been zero impact on my PH.

Well the first thought would be to run the skimmer line outside. I honestly think a better solution is to have some sort of exhaust fan that can kick on but obviously that would require a bit more MacGyvering and expense. The reason I say the latter is a better option is because I have my skimmer line running outside but I've had my skimmer off for 3 weeks now doing a fluconazole treatment and there has been zero impact on my PH.

I have both, but my skimmer is disconnected from outside right now. I have an exhaust fan that pulls air out of the garage 24/7. I disconnected my skimmer line outside months ago because of pollen(yes it's bad where I am at) and also pesticides that were being used near the inlet. I will hook it back up tonight to see if it helps.

I ordered two different CO2 monitors. I want to see if I can find the issue as I think there might be a leak in my top heater exhaust. If I can find and fix it then maybe it will help eliminate that big of a swing in such a short amount of time.

I have both, but my skimmer is disconnected from outside right now. I have an exhaust fan that pulls air out of the garage 24/7. I disconnected my skimmer line outside months ago because of pollen(yes it's bad where I am at) and also pesticides that were being used near the inlet. I will hook it back up tonight to see if it helps.

I ordered two different CO2 monitors. I want to see if I can find the issue as I think there might be a leak in my top heater exhaust. If I can find and fix it then maybe it will help eliminate that big of a swing in such a short amount of time.
Your PH 'high' is still pretty low so you might have something leaking 24/7. Maybe your exhaust fan is also dragging CO2 rich air (due to people and pets) from the house?

That was just a screenshot from this morning. The 7.9 peak was from around 6am this morning. Below is from over the last week. It get's up close to 8.20 at its peak which it could be better.

The first two days are Saturday and Sunday and you can see the low dip is around 7.97ish then this week the dip gets to around 7.80ish. Sat/Sun we do not take showers in the morning. This is why I am leaning towards the water heater as it dips big time while it runs hot in the mornings during the week.

1663354782006.png

I am hoping I can find a leak of some kind that can be fixed and help stop this(I believe the exhaust is a little loose). If not, then I will need to really try and figure out what to do.

Wow your pattern is super consistent. This week I've been off and my wife has a mix of home work and in the office so the result in not a sinewave like yours. Weather's been great this week so windows open. You could consider becoming evening showerers. 😀

KG_ph.png

Back