Jebao RW Powerhead Control

For the RW's it is 24V +ve and -ve and a 0-5V control signal.

I put one on a 'scope a few years ago:
https://www.ultimatereef.net/threads/jebao-jecod-rw4-control-patterns-pictured.754196/

Not sure on the rules about posting links elsewhere so apologies if against the rules.

Tim

Yes, I did see your thread on ultimate reef.net... Unfortunately the pictures don't display for me because I'm not a member. Is it a constant DC 0-5V, or do they respond well to pwm? Maybe I'll just sign up over there so I can see the waveforms myself.

JH

It is analogue, not PWM. Not sure how well it will work with PWM (I have seen it suggested before that it'll work fine) but a simple LPF (capacitor and resistor) should be enough to convert :)

Tim

pwn average voltage is analog. if you set pwm to 50% you will get 2.5v reading on voltmeter. you can add a capacitor, but really not necessary.

pwn average voltage is analog. if you set pwm to 50% you will get 2.5v reading on voltmeter. you can add a capacitor, but really not necessary.
Yes, but not all systems will just take an average! And my voltmeter doesn't read 2.5V for a 5V PWM signal on 50% - it bounces randomly between 0 and 5V!

Tim

this is basic electronics. If it accepts analog, it will accept pwm, but not always vice versa. and DC voltmeter measures average voltage, AC voltmeter measures RMS voltage, they never measure instantaneous voltage.

good luck with your project.

Some analog electronics that are not meant to be used with PWM may be damaged by using them with it, or just plain wont work that way. One really needs to be sure and do their research before attempting it. Most DC motors are fine with it, but some may be noisy unless the frequency is sufficiently high.

Back