• Else: Random Mode

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • H: Flow Mode

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • C: Shift to flow mode

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just finished installing the two RW-8 I got on opposite walls and did the sync mode on wave mode at 40% capacity.

So far they are great. It made me realized how big and noisy my other pumps were. I love them so far and they are super easy to setup.

On a funnier note, the Google translator that the manufacturer used, made some interesting choice of words and some of my fishes get scared when the WM kicks on, but overall, very nice product.

Thanks again Z!!!

Well I can say the 1 rw15 I put in my 90 is way too much. At this rate I'll be bare bottom and sps only by tomorrow. Anyone have an rw8 or wp15 they are willing to sell?

Any one figured out to set night mode?

This is from the manual.
Night Function: Enter into Night Mode by long press-down MODE/NIGHT" button until yellow "œNIGHT" indicator lights. It works normally during day time and enter into NIGHT mode automatically when it's dark, when the water flows at the least speed. Quit the mode by long press down"NIGHT" button until the yellow indicator dims

Thanks Sonicboom. tried that doesn't seem to be working. I will try later today. I spent a great deal of time cleaning up last night after I set wave mode. Opps

Holy crap Night mode screwed me last night. I guess I should have tested this by covering the optic. I woke up to a mess of corals everywhere. I guess they set night mode to "Tornado mode".

It was so bad that I almost had to take today off to arrange everything back where it should go. I need to figure out how to bring the speed of night mode down to about 10% or something. This almost killed all my corals.

One of my SPS was down on the sand bed (Light acclimation) and this morning it was half way covered by sand. I hope it survives.

If you haven't installed yours beware of night mode. TEST, TEST, TEST.

You sure the yellow light was on as described in the manual? It says it flows in the lowest speed. But I guess if it is under the cabinet and doesn't get activated by a light turning off the it will continue to run normally.

I didn't check the light overnight, but I can say that normal would have been fine. It ran all afternoon and early night in normal mode. It obviously kicked off to "Tornado Mode" after I went to sleep last night.

The control module is outside of the cabinet and when I was running it in normal mode at 40% and everything was fine. I don't know what caused the mess, but I will test again as soon as I get home tonight.

I will keep you guys posted.

Test, test, test

LOL yep. I wish I did some testing. What really makes me mad is that I just sat there and admired the tank with the new pumps while watching TV for a few hours and it didn't even occurred to me to test the night feature.

At least I can help others as the guinea pig and they can learn from my mistakes.

Back