• Else: Random Mode

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • H: Flow Mode

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • C: Shift to flow mode

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These RW series look sweet. I plan on getting either a 120 or 150 gallon tank (either 5'x2'x2' or 4'x2'x2') Should i go with a pair of the RW 8s or a pair of the RW 15s? thanks for any advise/opinions!

:)

I am leaning towards softies and LPS, probably not any SPS as im a coral nooby, so im leaning thinking Rw8's...

In my humble opinion, I think two RW8s will satisfy your needs. I know of some here that have tanks as big as the one you mentioned and they found the RW15 to be too much power.

Maybe they can confirm this, but I run my two RW8s at the bare minimum and I still have to point them upward or my corals start flying away. :)

These RW series look sweet. I plan on getting either a 120 or 150 gallon tank (either 5'x2'x2' or 4'x2'x2') Should i go with a pair of the RW 8s or a pair of the RW 15s? thanks for any advise/opinions!

:)

I am leaning towards softies and LPS, probably not any SPS as im a coral nooby, so im leaning thinking Rw8's...

C stands for constant? I think I'm having problems with my rw20. It seems like there is one speed. Is there a manual online? In "c" mode it will run for a little while then turn off. I can't seem to turn it down in mode 1 or 2. Are you guys able to have say 2000gph on and off? From what I read you can have it run at 10% and I can't in any mode.

The new RW series has 8 different selectable flow rates down to 10%
From reefbreeders website.
My lowest speed is like 3000gph with rw20. Too much for 180g blowing coral over2 feet away.

That's my only complaint with my rw 15 it doesn't seem to slow enough but it's crazy strong though! And for the price it's awesome functionality eh not so much but again I'm stoked with the product it really flows! I'm a little scared of the wave function that it'll break the pump also I have no idea of the life of these pumps I've always used tunzes but at this low of a price and flow rate I've tried the jebao and so far am happy

You think the rw15 is too much for a 4 ft. tank?
How about others with 6ft. tank?
The rw20 on a 6ft tank is to much to me. Mode 1, speed 1 and the fish do not swim 3 ft. in front of it.

I have mine arriving tomorrow! I picked up a pair of the rw15 for my 90 gallon. Going to have tons of flow, lol.... Will let you all know what I think when I have them up.

Got them setup. These pumps rock! I've got two Qs for you guys, maybe someone can help:

1) Why would they make the impeller bright white and not black!!!??? My eyes keep getting drawn to the flashing white impellers! :thumbdown This is the only thing that I don't like about them. Any ideas on how I can paint them black or something?

2) Is there a way to put them on random mode (Else) without having them crank way up to 100%?

Got them setup. These pumps rock! I've got two Qs for you guys, maybe someone can help:

1) Why would they make the impeller bright white and not black!!!??? My eyes keep getting drawn to the flashing white impellers! :thumbdown This is the only thing that I don't like about them. Any ideas on how I can paint them black or something?

2) Is there a way to put them on random mode (Else) without having them crank way up to 100%?

1) Who knows, maybe to better see if it gets dirty? We don't get paid the big bucks to sit in a cubicle and come up with these impeller ideas :/

2) As far as I know, no. Pretty awful, I know. These would be great if you could do that.

I have 2 RW15's in my 180

I have them on opposite ends of the tank, and also opposite corners

I'm running the front left one closest to the glass on level 3 or 4 on H mode

The opposite side I run one in the back corner, flowing over my rocks on H mode, level 1

I don't get any sand blowing around. But when I go higher then 5 on the right side, my Torch on the opposite side is hanging on for it's life, lol

I want them to pick up all the Detruis

I just wish instead of having a constant flow on level 4, it would be random, but not like Else mode where they go from 30% to 100%

I need them to go 30% to 60%

Attachments

• 2014-07-23 18.58.04.jpg
    2014-07-23 18.58.04.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 2014-07-23 18.58.15.jpg
    2014-07-23 18.58.15.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 2014-07-23 18.58.25.jpg
    2014-07-23 18.58.25.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 2
I just learned something new last night, I had it on Else mode and also night on

When it went into night mode, it goes into H1 to slow the flow down, cool!

Just got mine setup, after playing with a few spots they landed mostly centered with my west pump pointed slightly in front of the rock and the east pump pointed slightly behind the rock.

Went with the "c" mode on the longest duration and 3 dots of speed. Tank is a 6x2x2.

So far I really like them.

Tank is a work in progress but here ya go.

Good meeting you too big z, your tanks are awesome dude.

Attachments

• 20140724_224633.jpg
    20140724_224633.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20140724_224701.jpg
    20140724_224701.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1
Back