• Else: Random Mode

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • H: Flow Mode

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • C: Shift to flow mode

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok so I think I figured it out now. I need to bring these WMs to just 10%. Because at 40% running all night, they will make a mess. My personal issue was the skimmer. I have my skimmer on a timer and when it came on at 11:00pm last night, the output of the skimmer and the flow from the RW-8, created a vortex and that is what caused the mess last night.

I just came home and nothing had changed since this morning, which caused me to question the night mode, but after playing with it for a while, nothing weird happened. I then decided to turn on everything that would be on at night and there it was, a perfect vortex right on the corner of the tank.

I'm glad I tested this. Otherwise, I would have continued having this problem.

Now, I find it hard to believe that these are rated correctly, as I had two 400gph power heads in there before these ones and I never experienced anything like this. I think these spit out much more than they say, but hey I think I landed where I am happy and the corals are happy.

Well 40 percent would bring you somewhere around 900gph. Since you had two 400gph you're taking the combined power from the two and combining it into one stream. I think they are right on the money with the flow, it's just a more concentrated stream.

So far I love the pumps.Im running 2 rw15s at full power and 1 tunze 6105 on my 300
Lots of randome flow.Perfect.

Now, I find it hard to believe that these are rated correctly, as I had two 400gph power heads in there before these ones and I never experienced anything like this. I think these spit out much more than they say, but hey I think I landed where I am happy and the corals are happy.

I have this same doubt as well. I was running a koralia 700gph with no issues. put the rw-15 in and set it at 10% (which should be 400gph) and it does so much damage compared to the koralia. no matter where it was aimed it seemed to swirl the flow through the entire tank.

so I put the rw-8 in (thanks reefwhatyousew) and have it set at 30% and it's perfect.

so far aside from the ridiculous overkill of flow, these are great units for the price. I have been very happy with both the wp's and rw's. my only gripe is the controller set up. but over all, great product, for an awesome entry point price.

How are the magnets on the 8's? Strong enough for 1/2?

They are pretty good and have a built in suction on the inside magnet that will also help keep it in place. I have mine on 1/4" acrylic, but I'm pretty sure they would be good on a 1/2" glass.

Maybe someone here has the exact glass you have and may be able to confirm.

I have this same doubt as well. I was running a koralia 700gph with no issues. put the rw-15 in and set it at 10% (which should be 400gph) and it does so much damage compared to the koralia. no matter where it was aimed it seemed to swirl the flow through the entire tank.

so I put the rw-8 in (thanks reefwhatyousew) and have it set at 30% and it's perfect.

so far aside from the ridiculous overkill of flow, these are great units for the price. I have been very happy with both the wp's and rw's. my only gripe is the controller set up. but over all, great product, for an awesome entry point price.

No problem! Can't wait to see the complete setups!

Chris/Nathan,

I think I am going to setup 4 rw-8 on next group buy and sell the my rw-15. I finally found a sweat spot 40%. Its so much flow I even removed my penductor on my returns.

I am going to do 2 RW-8 on the sides and two on the back or maybe one rw-15 on the back.

Controller instructions could be better.

Regards,
Z

Bigzman, I am interested in the rw15s if the maxspect riptide isn't released before you decide to sell

Chris/Nathan,

I think I am going to setup 4 rw-8 on next group buy and sell the my rw-15. I finally found a sweat spot 40%. Its so much flow I even removed my penductor on my returns.

I am going to do 2 RW-8 on the sides and two on the back or maybe one rw-15 on the back.

Controller instructions could be better.

Regards,

Z

BigZ,

I like the idea of having the 2 RW8s on the back wall instead of the one 15. It seems that it will spread your random flow a little more.

I look forward to hearing how it works out for ya. Let me know of you need help with anything!

Oh! And I think I'll be doing that separate deep sand band like we were talking about.

Nathan thanks. Happy to help. I am starting my RDSB this coming month.

I leaning to 4 RW-8. 2 in back and 2 side to side.

Sonicboom I will let you know as soon as I find out where does the other group buy stand.

I just got 1 W-8 for my 120 and was going to put 2 1150 hydra koralia on the opposite side that I have from my old tank with a hydra wavemaker. Would this be a good combo or should I buy another W-8 and sell the 2 1150 with the wave maker.

Also on the Jebao the W2: Sine mode this just randomly power up the pump from 30% to 100% and none of the speed controls work correct and anybody using this mode?

Also on the Jebao the W2: Sine mode this just randomly power up the pump from 30% to 100% and none of the speed controls work correct and anybody using this mode?

I just put my rw-8 in my 29g for the first time today and tried putting it on else mode on the lowest setting. It doesn't appear to work like a vortech in the sense that the power level you set is the highest it will reach.... Even on the lowest speed I'm thinking the rw-8 will be too much for my 29g if left on else mode.

I agree with you. Some here will argue that the power of this pump is rated properly, but I have mine at the minimum 10% and it feels much stronger than my previous 800GPH Wavemaker. Regardless, I have a 36Gallon tank and mine is pointing almost 100% to the surface.

That seems to reduce the kicking up sand and mess around with corals.

Good luck.

I just put my rw-8 in my 29g for the first time today and tried putting it on else mode on the lowest setting. It doesn't appear to work like a vortech in the sense that the power level you set is the highest it will reach.... Even on the lowest speed I'm thinking the rw-8 will be too much for my 29g if left on else mode.

Else mode is completely random, there is no adjustment. Only way to adjust output in Else more is to use a lower voltage power supply.

Question,

Power went out yesterday on passing storm. Jeboas defaulted back to none sleep mode. Anyone else noticed this? Slave and master was still working.

Regards,
Z

Yes. I noticed the same thing. Once power goes out, they rest to regular mode. However, the other settings remain. Not sure why this is.

Question,

Power went out yesterday on passing storm. Jeboas defaulted back to none sleep mode. Anyone else noticed this? Slave and master was still working.

Regards,
Z

hi everyone, is the magnet strong enough for a 19mm wide glass (almost 3/4")?

and anyone has had a problem with the pump or the controller so far?

I'm in doubt if I shoul buy a WP40 or a RW15

Back