• Else: Random Mode

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • H: Flow Mode

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • C: Shift to flow mode

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anyone know the difference between the RW and the PP versions? I keep seeing vague references to a different magnet mount, but nothing else and nothing specific. Any info appreciated.

I believe it's just the magnet mount is all ! I def recommend these pumps with the new aqualink controller to super easy to set up and more features!

I believe it's just the magnet mount is all ! I def recommend these pumps with the new aqualink controller to super easy to set up and more features!
But what's the difference? No description and no clear pictures. I have an rw8 and an rw15, so I know what they were, I'd just like to know what they are now.

Well, then I'll probably just stick with the RW's. I have an 8 and a 15, and both of them stick perfectly to the 1/2" glass on my 190. The two 4's I'm getting ready to buy are going onto a 40 breeder, which I believe is 1/4", so I think it'll probably work just fine. There's about a $5 price difference between the RW's and the PP's on amazon right now. $10 is $10!

I'm thinking about buying 2 RW 15 for each side and maybe two RW8s or RW4s for the back wall of my tank. How do you guys still like the pumps after having them for awhile?

Easy to setup? Still pumping good water? Didn't get loud?

I am thinking about running these or two maxspect gyre 150s

I would say they are way more reliable than the gyre. Even local store owners say they are junk.
I had 1 rw8 out of 5 stop working. I fixed it the other day for about a penny's worth of tubing I had laying around. All the others are still going strong but I run them off of my Apex and not the stock controllers.

I'm thinking about buying 2 RW 15 for each side and maybe two RW8s or RW4s for the back wall of my tank. How do you guys still like the pumps after having them for awhile?

Easy to setup? Still pumping good water? Didn't get loud?

I am thinking about running these or two maxspect gyre 150s

I've had my two RW8s for over a year and I love them.

I use the JBwave controller, though I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Maybe I got lucky and got two good ones, but I would not hesitate to buy two more if these two stop working.

I've had my two RW8s for over a year and I love them.

I use the JBwave controller, though I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Maybe I got lucky and got two good ones, but I would not hesitate to buy two more if these two stop working.

All my jeboe died after a year but they r cheep. If u have an apex I would go with the Neptune wav I love mine. The max spect impeller wheels break to easy and at $40 to replace after each cleaning I sold them both

I am curious as well. What do you propose Rob?

I have a pair of wp25 on the dual controller. Ran well for a year and I was happy with their proformance on a 150 standard. In hind sight I should have gotten the next size up or 2 pair of 25s.
One seems dead however the other can be kick started and will run in constant mode but in any other mode it will electromagneticly snag and stop.

Someone mentioned the ceramic bushings may be binding tge impeller. I do not believe this is true for me as my bushings almost have play.
Somewhere else it was suggested that the epoxy poured into the housings around the power cord sheathing would eventually fail.
A friend also had issues with a rw15 however it shorts controllers so we cut it up and could see the gap between the epoxy and sheathing. There also seemed to be a small amount of corrosion in the copper wicking up the cord. I believe this was the case as there was no bond between the inflexible epoxy and flexible sheathing. Age makes the power cord sheath shrink and you get a leak directly to the electronics.

Any ideas you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sadistic mine was fixed by throwing away the ceramic bushing I had to shatter to remove.
Electrical issues are another story.
In my opinion all pumps that leak current are trash. Not worth the risk.

Agreed, that's why we decided to disect the faulty one.

I'm still puzzled as to the one I have that can be kick started.
I did test negative for voltage, admittedly on a subpar multimeter, with my pair of wp25's.
Maybe I'll try that hack for posterity. Anything positive and I'll report back.

Back