JohnL's 20 Gallon Nano Reef

This one is RTN'ing 😔

DSC00648_copy_1856x1856.jpg

So far, the others look ok. 🤞

In the event it's related to the sarco, do you have or are you running any activated carbon?
Yes, I've been running chemi-pure elite for the last month. I've changed it twice. Added some poly filter yesterday. Did a 10% water change today. I'm planning on removing the sarcophyton this week.

On an unrelated note, I added a vortech mp10. I like it a lot. I ordered a second one.
Yep I love my vortech too, although it's the ecosmart not QD. I've only had to replace the wetside once (magnet split) in many many years of use. I also have a nero3 for a few years which is quite a nice pump at half the price. I don't know if it will last as long as the vortech has but I would definitely buy another one based on my experience so far.

What size tank Sean? @kharmaguru
Still the only one I have, the lowboy frag system (24*48*9). I have the pumps at opposite ends doing the crash/chaos thing in the middle. They are both around 60% at their peaks. I had the mp10 on a 20 gallon before that, but LPS so I don't think I ever went over 30%.

I have mine peaking at 85% reef crest mode. I'm planning on running the other one on the opposite side. Perhaps at reverse sync. I'll probably remove the IM Wavelinks.

I have mine peaking at 85% reef crest mode. I'm planning on running the other one on the opposite side. Perhaps at reverse sync. I'll probably remove the IM Wavelinks.
That seems like it would be pretty powerful flow in a small tank, but I don't keep sticks so I don't know and I'm likely wrong.

Sorry to hear this John! Hope the rest do ok. Did you dip these? If so, what did you use to dip them?

I think so. It's only been a week. Did all your frags survive the first weeks? What is your water change schedule like?
No, I have had frags die within the first week plenty of times. The stress of bagging and moving them, or shipping them, or just water differences or lighting differences will set them off. I never like to see them die, even if I end up not liking them I don't want to see them die. I wish I knew the secrets.

Back