JohnL's 20 Gallon Nano Reef

Another new gadget. I switched to Tropic Marin All For Reef.

20230509_084906.jpg

Thanks Josh. How is your tank doing?

Doing well! Finally finished mounted all frags this week. Might have another shipment coming in soon. I underestimated how much more room I have.

I am currently in a 60 minute line at Universal Studios right now. Hope the tank does well while away.

Another new gadget. I switched to Tropic Marin All For Reef.

View attachment 32384438
I'm watching this interview with Lou Ekus, and he talks about AFR in "balling part C" part of the discussion. He says it's affordable and that's why they made the 1600g powder (which makes 10L) for larger systems, but I just checked the price and unless you are using a fraction of what you would use with a two part, I don't see how "affordable" is part of the conversation. When you've had time to evaluate maybe you could chime in with the usage verses what you were doing. Here's the video if your interested.

watching this interview with Lou Ekus, and he talks about AFR
Damn, that's a long video. I watched the first 20 minutes. I switched from Reef Crystals to TM Pro-Reef at the same time I started AFR. I did a series of three 20% water changes with Pro-Reef then started AFR.

I'm watching this interview with Lou Ekus, and he talks about AFR in "balling part C" part of the discussion. He says it's affordable and that's why they made the 1600g powder (which makes 10L) for larger systems, but I just checked the price and unless you are using a fraction of what you would use with a two part, I don't see how "affordable" is part of the conversation. When you've had time to evaluate maybe you could chime in with the usage verses what you were doing. Here's the video if your interested.

Great discussion. I'm watching the whole video. Thanks for sharing it.

How do you do that?
Just 3 part with trace elements in the mag and calcium - Ali is just all.

I have dosing pumps setup and gauge by KH director (GHL). I manual test here ad there and appear to be in balance so far. ICP will help,me get trace dialed in if I ever send it.

Back