JohnL's 20 Gallon Nano Reef

Sorry to hear that John!

It looks like a bacterial problem to me. You know what I would say but I understand your stance on the treatment.

If you change your mind and want to run a treatment then reach out and I will help in anyway I can.

How are your parameters?
SmartSelect_20230702_143304_Sheets.jpg

Sorry to hear that John!

It looks like a bacterial problem to me. You know what I would say but I understand your stance on the treatment.

If you change your mind and want to run a treatment then reach out and I will help in anyway I can.
Thanks Josh. It very well may be.

Thanks Josh. It very well may be.

I noticed your nutrients have increased a lot over the last month. That is what happened to me as well when the bad bacteria took over. Not saying it is that but something to think about. Also, I was losing my frags/colonies from the base up which is similar to your frags.

Hate it for you man. I know its a buzz kill. I hope you can figure it out soon.

All of my stuff was doing great - I got that ReefBot (not pleased) and with all of the testing i let the salinity slip from 35 to 33 - Work and travel prevented my from dealign with the situation, things looked a bit stressed, but overall still fine.

While I was out of town a true union valve developed a leak and over a 7 day period SG went from 33 to 30. I knew there as an issue but was ourt of town and she couldn't find the leak. It was a hidden drip slow enough to mostly evaporate or drain a few inches through tile grout to the sump pump. In any case, I didn't lose everything but some of the SPS browned and I lost a few. I have spent the last 2 weeks slowly recovering to 35 ppt. Things were going so well too!

That's awesome John. I remember "back in the day" (80's & early 90's) those were very much available in the hobby but didn't last long and we didn't know much about feeding filter feeders.

That's awesome John. I remember "back in the day" (80's & early 90's) those were very much available in the hobby but didn't last long and we didn't know much about feeding filter feeders.
I remember that also. Mine never lasted long, but I also remember them moving around the tank. Yes John, it was very cool.

I had some type of long slender bivalve come on a piece of rock. It was maybe .5’ or so long and for 2-3 years I didn’t realize it was alive until it was clearly much biggerand would open just ever so slightly. It lived for 10 or so years and was 3” or so long on encrusted to a rock. I remember seeing the flame scallops at the LFS but never tried one, or a sand dollar. I was under the impression that they would starve in captivity.

Back