June 2010 Tank of the Month

Absolutely amazing!!

Thank you very much.

bulb combo? do i have to be the first to ask! lol stunning!

Thanks a lot.
Read reply no 6 on the first page.

congrats TOTM,,very beautiful tank ,,yes,indeed.

Thank you.

yes sir yes sir! beautiful tank! congrats

Thank you, sir! :)

Wooooooow amazing aquarium.. my congrats to perfect AQ..

Happy reefing

Thank a lot.

Krzysztof

Alright, now that I've picked my jaw up off the floor and stopped drooling, I've got a question. Is there a particular reason why you're depleting your Deep Sand Bed? I've got one right now in my Display Tank, and despite what some people say, haven't had any problems with it.

Thank you, your compliment is very, very vivid:lmao:. Don't worry, I am in the same situation when I am looking at the other TOTM's.

I haven't had any problems with DSB so far, it has worked vey well. However, I think that it isn't necessary if my tank runs with BPs.

Krzysztof

Beautiful tank. I'm happy to see another TOTM using lights I have, the ATI PM's. I also liked seeing sps at the bottom and doing well.

What kind of reactor are you using for the NP pellets?

Kryzsztof, absolutely stunning..

As far as the lighting goes, I also run an ATI PM but its a 8x54w. How high above your water line is your lighting setup at? Do you find better growth/coloration with whiter type bulbs? It seems to be the norm with American reefers to go heavy on blue +, while you have only 3 blue+ and mostly other white bulbs. What is your opinion on this subject? Once again, awesome skill you have and congratulations on a well deserved TOTM!

-Christopher

Kryzsztof, Your tank is simply inspiring! However, your words are even more inspiring :) To quote you if I may....

" In spite of many ethnic, ideological and religious differences, we all constitute a large group – a reefkeepers’ community – which helps in hard times, and makes us enjoy the bright moments more."

If we, as the people of the world could only apply this to the world.. It would be as beautiful as your tank :) God Bless my friend :thumbsup:

Beautiful tank. I'm happy to see another TOTM using lights I have, the ATI PM's. I also liked seeing sps at the bottom and doing well.

What kind of reactor are you using for the NP pellets?

I'm happy you like my tank. Thank you.

KZ reactor S was adapted for NP reducing BioPellets after some changes. It works very well.

Krzysztof

Kryzsztof, absolutely stunning..

As far as the lighting goes, I also run an ATI PM but its a 8x54w. How high above your water line is your lighting setup at? Do you find better growth/coloration with whiter type bulbs? It seems to be the norm with American reefers to go heavy on blue +, while you have only 3 blue+ and mostly other white bulbs. What is your opinion on this subject? Once again, awesome skill you have and congratulations on a well deserved TOTM!

-Christopher

Thank you very much.
The lighting unit is 13 cm from the water line.
Yes, I think that whittier type of bulbs favors growth of corals.
My combination of bulbs gives also a lot of blue colour as well as it seems to be more natural for me.

Kryzsztof, Your tank is simply inspiring! However, your words are even more inspiring :) To quote you if I may....

" In spite of many ethnic, ideological and religious differences, we all constitute a large group "“ a reefkeepers' community "“ which helps in hard times, and makes us enjoy the bright moments more."

If we, as the people of the world could only apply this to the world.. It would be as beautiful as your tank :) God Bless my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks for your kind words.
Krzysztof

Very beautiful tank. My question was about your dosing pump Grotech III. Would you recommend this brand and type of pump or do you feel another may be better? Also was wondering what you are dosing with your pump? Cal, Alk, Mag.. Anything else?

Trevor

Very beautiful tank. My question was about your dosing pump Grotech III. Would you recommend this brand and type of pump or do you feel another may be better? Also was wondering what you are dosing with your pump? Cal, Alk, Mag.. Anything else?

Trevor

I've had Grotech Tec III NG for 4 years and it has worked great. I used to dose more liquids so I connected additional EP II modul. But this connection happens to get loose quite often. It seems to be halfbacket.
Currently EP II modul is not used, but I decided to keep it, maybe I will need it one day.
I use Tec III for dosing Ca and alk only, so the device is not fully used. Mg is rather stable, I add it manually from time to time. Trace elements aren't also dosed with this unit, because 1 ml per day is the minimal quantity I can set, which would be too much.

Krzysztof

Let me join with those in congratulations for TOTM. It is truely deserved. Your tank is an inspiration.

Meh, this tank is alright I guess...

:jester:

Of course I'm kidding :D. This tank is absolutely stunning! Can you give more details as to the quantity of food you're currently using? Also, can you tell us how the flow is set up? Is it an alternating gyre, pumps facing each other causing random turbulent flow, or something else? I'm guessing you have around 50x display volume of flow, ever have issues with the sandbed staying put?

Thanks guys for your comments.

Meh, this tank is alright I guess...

:jester:

Of course I'm kidding :D. This tank is absolutely stunning! Can you give more details as to the quantity of food you're currently using? Also, can you tell us how the flow is set up? Is it an alternating gyre, pumps facing each other causing random turbulent flow, or something else? I'm guessing you have around 50x display volume of flow, ever have issues with the sandbed staying put?

I feed on 6-7 frozen cubes of varied food daily. The food is enriched with Cyclop eeze flakes and spirulina, Nori. At night feeding tray automatically provides corals with ReefPearls.
Turbelle stream Tunze are only pulsatory pumps that give alternating gyre. They are situated at opposite sides of the tank, the others pumps work with continuous motion. Their outlets are on the back wall in the middle of the tank, on the wall of internal overflow box, the outlet of main pump there's on the back wall in the upper right part.
All the pumps are set in this way that they don't lift the sandbed, don't disturb it.

Krzysztof

Back