June 23rd AZ FRAG Meeting

Frick

AZ FRAG President
I wanted to try a FRAG meeting on the west side but everything fell thru, again. So we are going to have it at The Broken Yolk. Address is below. Note that time is at 3pm instead of the normal 2pm.

Broken Yolk Cafe
2034 E Southern Ave.
Mesa, AZ 85204

When:
June 23rd 3:00pm to 5:00pm

This month we are going to do our DIY fish food demo. All members will walk away with a few bags of free food. I'm going to prep some and freeze it before hand so were not sitting there making it all at once.

Possible raffles after the presentation (I haven't figured out what yet)

This will be a meeting that requires membership. So if you have not registered please do so at our Membership page Here. See you all there!

There will be some food and drink specials. $2 bottled beers, $3 Mimosa's, $4 Bloody Mary's, and they also have a summer menu. Hawaiian theme, 4 pulled pork sliders with a side of choice for $9.95.

When will they fix the edit button?

One more thing, Arizonafrag dot com forward slash membership, doesn't seem to work for me.

Just so that I'm clear, are all meetings "members only"? or is this a special one?

This is a AZ FRAG meeting, not a PROP auction, so yes a membership is required.

Hmm yeah our site seems to be having an issue. I can bring a few forms if you want to fill them out there.

Wow, I didn't expect that at all, I thought perhaps you were holding elections or something and were only for paid members. So, it's not possible to attend meetings and not be a member? Hmm

Wow, I didn't expect that at all, I thought perhaps you were holding elections or something and were only for paid members. So, it's not possible to attend meetings and not be a member? Hmm

We collect annual membership dues. But to be honest this has been a bad year for meetings due to a gypsy curse or something, so I'm not going to turn anyone away. :beer:

When did FRAG start charging dues? Granted Its been like 8 years since I was a part of the reef scene but I don't remember it being that way?? I guess I could only be thinking of the PROP auctions though but I swore I filled out forms a long time ago lol.

I believe it has been 2-3 years now with the minimal annual membership fee. I honestly thought it was a good idea to make more things possible during the meeting plus I have not made it through 2-3 meetings each year without getting way more than my membership fee in raffle prizes and giveaways. Just the Halloween Frag Party is more than worth the yearly fee IMO.

Plus I think the major Idea behind the fees was to be able to bring in more well known speakers and demonstrations.

Well ****. I guess that means my membership lapsed haha.

I won't be able to make this one due to work. Hopefully the next one lines up a little better.

When did FRAG start charging dues? Granted Its been like 8 years since I was a part of the reef scene but I don't remember it being that way?? I guess I could only be thinking of the PROP auctions though but I swore I filled out forms a long time ago lol.

Yeah it's been a few years now, but it only counts for the AZ FRAG meetings. PROP Auctions are still free to attend.

I believe it has been 2-3 years now with the minimal annual membership fee. I honestly thought it was a good idea to make more things possible during the meeting plus I have not made it through 2-3 meetings each year without getting way more than my membership fee in raffle prizes and giveaways. Just the Halloween Frag Party is more than worth the yearly fee IMO.

Plus I think the major Idea behind the fees was to be able to bring in more well known speakers and demonstrations.

Yep. Many other clubs have higher fees to do the same thing. We bring in money with raffles and DFF but this year we have had some issues. So I am definitely willing to extend any memberships this year. We still have some speakers lined up for this year. I just hope they don't get hit by a meteor or eaten by a sharknado by then.

Frick are you part of the big local facebook reefing groups? It seems everyone has mostly moved to those. Maybe make some posts in them about FRAG.

If you're not send me a PM with your bookface info and I'll invite you to them. There are 3 or 4 local ones, 2 of which are pretty large, like 1k+ people. I'd hate to see the local frag groups die out. :(

I'm planning to try to attend the next prop and frag if possible, but I work nights and on the back end of the week so I don't start my weekend until sunday morning basically. Makes day time weekend meetings a bit of a pain.

Frick are you part of the big local facebook reefing groups? It seems everyone has mostly moved to those. Maybe make some posts in them about FRAG.

If you're not send me a PM with your bookface info and I'll invite you to them. There are 3 or 4 local ones, 2 of which are pretty large, like 1k+ people. I'd hate to see the local frag groups die out. :(

I'm planning to try to attend the next prop and frag if possible, but I work nights and on the back end of the week so I don't start my weekend until sunday morning basically. Makes day time weekend meetings a bit of a pain.

Oh yes. They have been on my radar. There's definitely more than 3-4. Probably more around 34 these days. :uhoh3: The thing is we have a FB page. It was a group at one point but it became chaos when we had to balance the wishes of vendors who would give us stuff to donate and members trying to make a side business. We don't have free time to monitor that.

Does anyone that likes our FB pages not see our event post?(PROP, AZ FRAG, and DFF all have their own pages btw)

Back