June Meeting

nmnative

Sunday, June 20 will be the date of the next meeting of STARS. Both My Saltwater World and The Coral Reef have offered to host a meeting, so please let me know who wants June and who would like to host in July.

If anyone would like to do a demo, please post your idea here. I would like to make fish food at one of the meetings. Everyone brings an ingredient, we blend it up and split the resulting mix with everyone attending. The bags of Instant Ocean will also be raffled off. We did not do a raffle at the May meeting due to low attendance.

Hey Audrey this is the first bump in the road to having anset third Sunday of each month for a meeting. June 20th is fathers day. I say we make it the week before or the week after.

Later would probably be better with the store expansion going on, so the 27th? Sorry Dennis and Daniel, I should've asked if you would still like to host a meeting and not make it seem like you are obligated. I read my first post again and it sounded kinda pushy. :( Another option would be have the meeting someplace else or skip the month of June. All suggestions are welcome.

The 27th will be fine with me , Audrey no need for apologies The Coral Reef is and will be available for meetings on any Sunday it is needed.

Thank you Daniel! Does 2 pm sound good for the meeting time? If the store is under construction, maybe we can do some work while we are there

Nice, this is just the type of thing I was hoping for, pre-planning/ organization for meetings. I was not at the meeting last week unfortunately but I am glad that the motion passed to reserve every third sunday of each month for meetings. Of course it is flexible such is the case of the upcoming father's day.

Thank you Daniel and Dennis for offering your places as a spot for STARS to meet when we need, I personally really appreciate this. I do want to make sure though that any member, regardless of membership status, has the opportunity to host a meeting. Maybe in the future we can start a "sign up sheet" of sorts so that members can demonstrate a desire to host in advance. My goal is to have an entire year filled up of meeting spots.

Again, January will be here sooner than later so we need to think of where we want to hold our "hootenanny". I think, if they will have us, either Dennis or Daniel's place would be ideal for this, granted that their landlords will allow it.

Just some ideas......

jay

I dropped off raffle tickets and a can to put the tickets into at The Coral Reef on Friday. I showed the tickets to everyone present at the May meeting, but I will explain for those that were not present. The two bags of Instant Ocean - 50 gallon each (possibly three??) will be raffled during the upcoming meeting in June. The left portion of the ticket has information about STARS, our forum here on RC and our website. I hope that people will enter the raffle and retain the ticket stubs. I then hope they use the info on that raffle stub to look us up online and return for the raffle in June. We all know that winning stuff is a good incentive to spark interest. If anyone else would like tickets for their friends (including other El Paso LFS) please send me a pm. I do ask that only one ticket per RC member/family is entered in the drawing. We should probably include a stipulation that prizes must be claimed within 10 business days so that we can close the raffle if the winner isn't present for the drawing.

Any thoughts for anyone about this?

Audrey that idea is a good one but, we should also post it on the site to keep everyone aware of the winner or if prize was not claimed @ must be raffle again

Up to ten posts Sparkie, yippee! Good point, I will have Daniel post that and perhaps some general information about the raffle on the website would be a good idea too :)

Great ideas and work on this one, Audrey and Mike. This all really helps us keep things going and makes people want to take part. Thanks for the hard work. The web site can really help us help people find the forum here as well as keep them informed about other things going on with STARS.

is this just a meeting? or is a frag swap with coral auction?

At this point, just a meeting and raffle. If you have some frags you would like to trade, post what you have here and maybe some other people will be interested in bringing frags too. Now is the time to start posting ideas for activities for the meeting. It is always nice to have demos, maybe we can do the tank drilling demo since we ran out of time last meeting?

I really hope that the raffle tickets bring some new people online and to the meeting, will be a good experiment :)

I think every meting can be open for frag trading. It doesn't have to be the main part of the meeting but can always be a part of any meeting that members want to bring frags to for trade, sale or give away. I never could sell or trade my frags, so they were always given away. I would rather give them away and spread them around than take them home just because I couldn't sell or get something in trade for them.

I agree! I hope to see an increase in attendance. The meeting will be here before we know it. Does anyone one have anything they would like to demo or talk about?

Hello all! Can we get some kind of idea here who might attend this meeting? Is there anything that any of you would like to see take place at this meeting? Lets all please remember STARS is an open society and always open to suggestions from any member that would like to suggest anything at anytime.

We can all gain from eachother, but only if we all speak up and share with one another. I am always open for ideas and willing to discuss anything that anyone may have that they would like to discuss.

I really hope to see a bunch of people that had said they were going to attend the last meeting, but were not able to do so at this next meeting.

Back