Karl's 100G Build Thread

It was announced at the meeting. Sorry if I spilled the beans, lol. He had gotten my nomination and I'm happy for him and his efforts. Very well done once again.

It was announced at the meeting. Sorry if I spilled the beans, lol. He had gotten my nomination and I'm happy for him and his efforts. Very well done once again.

I didn't attend the meeting but if it was announced I don't believe you are spilling the beans. Lol. Very well deserved honor. I nominated and photographed his tank so I know first hand what an incredible tank it is. In fact I keep making up excuses about forgetting to photograph certain pieces just to go back lol

Awesome round of photos. :thumbsup: Ecotech should sponsor your tank LOL.

I recall that you only run GFO occasionally, how often do you use it and how much do you use each time?

Thanks.

Congrats on ctotm! I was re-reading through this thread and it's neat to see how much your tank has improved. Your choice in acros really is diverse and balanced colorwise. Any comments on adding the third radion? A lot less shadowing under the branches I'd imagine.

Awesome round of photos. :thumbsup: Ecotech should sponsor your tank LOL.

I recall that you only run GFO occasionally, how often do you use it and how much do you use each time?

Thanks.

I wouldn't be opposed to having it sponsored haha. Never run GFO, did on my last tank and IMO it wasn't worth it.

Congrats on ctotm! I was re-reading through this thread and it's neat to see how much your tank has improved. Your choice in acros really is diverse and balanced colorwise. Any comments on adding the third radion? A lot less shadowing under the branches I'd imagine.

The third radion made a huge difference. Without it, the center island never got nearly enough light to support SPS. That's unfortunately the downfall of led's. They tell you these fixtures cover 24"x24", and while that's possible with low light coral, it doesn't work for SPS dominant tanks.

Congrats Karl

Hey Karl, congrats! Absolutely well deserved.

Thanks guys!

In recovery mode. Lost some of my favorites to a combination of alk/nutrient issues. Hoping to recover not only some of the lost acro's but my mojo as well.

In recovery mode. Lost some of my favorites to a combination of alk/nutrient issues. Hoping to recover not only some of the lost acro's but my mojo as well.

Sorry about that. :(

Hope things continue to turn around.

You have one of the BEST LED lit SPS systems out there...you HAVE the REEF MOJO...you just need to get some nice SPS pieces when you know the system is back to itself again...and the MOJO will fire up again. :D

Sorry to hear about your tough patch. I just read this entire thread and it is inspiring! You have an amazing system, I hope everything bounces back. Keep it up!

Back