Karl's 100G Build Thread

I'll say, comparing to the previous update your growth rate and color are significant.:beer:

Thanks man! It's funny, I didn't test for months and just kept up with my maintenance routine and stuff grew nicely. I've since been chasing some numbers and growth seems to be lacking a bit (it might just be me overthinking it).

Wow! Amazing tank. Read through the whole thread last night. It was a real pleasure reading through the thread. :) I love your Tyree Icefire and the RMF Jareds Millepora. Those two look outstanding. :thumbsup:

I totally agree with your reasons for buying high end SPS; you get what you pay for and know what they are capable of becoming.

I have a few questions which I hope you dont mind answering.

1. What are your PO4 and NO3 levels?

2. What do you feed your fishes and SPS corals-amount, how often etc?

3. What % water change do you carry out and how often?

I am going to PM you shortly, I'd love a full res photo of that Tyree Icefire to use as my Ipad desktop wallpaper. :D

Keep up the great work and do post more of these amazing top down shots now that you have the top down viewer. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliments! Yea those two are a couple of my favorites for sure.

To answer your questions:

1. I test my PO4 infrequently with my Hanna but always get a reading of 0.0. I dont put much stock in the result because I KNOW i have algae. I have turf in my display which my tangs love to eat. I also run cheato in my fuge (which reminds me, I have to trim). I honestly havnt tested for NO3 in probably 6 months (since my last kit ran out).

2. I feed my fish PE Mysis (Sometimes Hikari depending on availability), as well as Nori for the tangs. I don't use SPS food but I do target feed my chalices/favia Oyster Feast a couple times a week.

3. I was religiously doing 10% weekly water changes with RS Coral Pro. As I had mentioned, I have been trying to get my dosing schedule perfected over the last month or so and have not done one since the first week of December (coincidentally, I have not noticed any ill effects).

Pro Corals Rainbow

GARF Bonsai (?)

ORA Cali Tort

ORA Yellow Fuzzy

JF Anti-Venow Favia

Mayan Sun Favia

Baby's Breath Favia

Dendros

Hornets

I'm so jealous of your top downs I can't take any with my canopy. That Mayan sun favia is Da Poop lol cant swear on hear so you know what I mean. I wish I had decent stuff to photograph I need new corals lol

Everything is looking fantastic Karl. I can't believe how big that setosa still looks after you've fragged it so many times. I'm really hoping to get the same results you've gotten since I made the switch to Led's. Your tank is definitely one of the better LED lit systems.

Very nice
You still running the vivid color profile on your lights

Thanks bud! Yea still using the "Radiant" program at 80% max.

I'm so jealous of your top downs I can't take any with my canopy. That Mayan sun favia is Da Poop lol cant swear on hear so you know what I mean. I wish I had decent stuff to photograph I need new corals lol

U can photograph mine anytime. Im about due for an update photoshoot anyway.

Everything is looking fantastic Karl. I can't believe how big that setosa still looks after you've fragged it so many times. I'm really hoping to get the same results you've gotten since I made the switch to Led's. Your tank is definitely one of the better LED lit systems.

Thanks Todd. If i hadnt fragged that setosa so many times itd probably be way too big to even fit in my tank by now. It grows like crazy. Its funny to remember the $40 dime sized frag I bought it as.

The growth and color of your corals makes me wish my frags would grow out faster! Its a great tank to show off the growth SPS corals can achieve under LEDs

Back