Karl's 100G Build Thread

Mystery
null_zpsf4ac7691.jpg

The tank looks really good. Excellent coloration on everything, every coral looks like it's thriving. The fact that you can pull that off with leds is quite a testament to your water quality.
And it's the cleanest tank in the club every time you update this thread I feel dirty and have to get out my own razor and gravel vac. Great job with the pics Franky.

The tank looks really good. Excellent coloration on everything, every coral looks like it's thriving. The fact that you can pull that off with leds is quite a testament to your water quality.
And it's the cleanest tank in the club every time you update this thread I feel dirty and have to get out my own razor and gravel vac. Great job with the pics Franky.

Thanks Patrick. I agree with his tank being super clean. In fact I went home and scraped the coralline off the back when I got home lol.

Karl the tank is awesome, nice job bro. The skimmer works great thanks

Thanks. Glad to hear youre putting it to good use.

Thanks Pat, ever since my last visit to your house ive been concentrating on coloration.

Thanks Patrick. I agree with his tank being super clean. In fact I went home and scraped the coralline off the back when I got home lol.

OCD at play. I told you that youd like that clean black background. Its going to start getting really difficult for me to do soon though due to growth, which I guess is a good thing lol. In all honesty though the cleanliness was inspired by the first time I saw a legitimate saltwater SYSTEM, not just tank.

Definitely makes me want to tear down all my tanks.

Work of art Karl :thumbsup:

And speaking of the the system that inspired my current upgrade/cleaniliness....

Youre too kind Warren, im barely starting to light a candle compared to your tanks.

I really like how you changed some stuff around Karl! Did the MP-10W work out for you? I didn't see an addition Vortech on the Pics.... I know you painted the back of the tank and you said you had issues with the Vortechs sticking to the glass. Have you thought about scraping off a small amount of the paint that would fit the MP-10W? Ecotech has a lot of info about adding a third Vortech on the back glass. You can get really crazy flow patterns with that setup....

Anyways, I gotta say one of the cleanest looking tanks I've seen. You are truly OCD about the tank, (I would know I'm a Psychiatric Nurse, j/k) Looks great and I'm truly impressed. Keep up the good work!!!

I really like how you changed some stuff around Karl! Did the MP-10W work out for you? I didn't see an addition Vortech on the Pics.... I know you painted the back of the tank and you said you had issues with the Vortechs sticking to the glass. Have you thought about scraping off a small amount of the paint that would fit the MP-10W? Ecotech has a lot of info about adding a third Vortech on the back glass. You can get really crazy flow patterns with that setup....

Anyways, I gotta say one of the cleanest looking tanks I've seen. You are truly OCD about the tank, (I would know I'm a Psychiatric Nurse, j/k) Looks great and I'm truly impressed. Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks man. MP10 still in the box in my closet. Ill put it on eventually when I need it. Hopefully once I get some more growth i will need to install it due to blocked flow. ATM the 2xMP40 is plenty. I have thought about the back, which was initially the plan. I wanted 2xmp40 on the ends and 2xmp10 on the back. I even placed the tank a predetermined amount away from the wall to fit the mp10's. They stick to the bare 1/2" glass np but the extra added thickness of the spray paint prevents it from sticking on the back. Ofcourse now I cant get an mp40 to fit on the back (well i could but its pretty tight and I want to avoid heat issues for the pump), and itd be impossible for me to scrape the paint off where I want to place the pump in a neat manner w/o scratching up the glass. Oh well, ill figure something out when I need to.

Top Down Madness

Top Down Madness

Bought a top down viewer so I decided to experiment with some top down photos.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Back