Kessil A360WE

Adding two, two bulb T5 retrofit kits to my 3-360we's on a 36in wide tank. I have a lot of Acropora that are having shading issues. Color loss and minor tissue loss.

That's what I ended up doing. Started with three 360's over my 7' tank and then gradually added four 160s functioning as target lights to combat shading.

I ended down grading tanks when I moved and I put only two A360's over a 3' tank and it is not cutting it. I got rid of most of my sps during the move but want to go back to sps. I thought about adding another 360 since I have those nice mounts that are not made anymore. I thought about 160's which is a great option, I could have just gone all 160's too.

I am seriously thinking hybrid though. I love the shimmer of leds and allot of benefits like control-ability and they look great. In the end it is about the coral and getting light to all sides of them..

Anyone? Kessil just tells me how to set it and gives me the link to the instructions. I'm interested in exactly what acclimation mode does. Does it follow its own schedule or mine?
Acclimation mode with the spectral controller follows your schedule just to the maximum you set up in the acclimation mode. So if you set the max in accliclimation mode to 50% for just 1 wk and your regular schedule is max at 100% the schedule will increase from 50% - 100% over the course of the 7 days. Any color and intensities that change throughout the day of your regular schedule will be the same just at a reduced intensity.

Acclimation mode with the spectral controller follows your schedule just to the maximum you set up in the acclimation mode. So if you set the max in accliclimation mode to 50% for just 1 wk and your regular schedule is max at 100% the schedule will increase from 50% - 100% over the course of the 7 days. Any color and intensities that change throughout the day of your regular schedule will be the same just at a reduced intensity.

Thank you! Through observation I have deduced that but it would have been nice if it had been explained more thoroughly in the instructions.

swap

swap

I just sold a KELO which is a Kessil copy in my opinion....I put
an Aqua Illuminations in in its place over a Fusion 20 tank

The kessil copy (KELO) so far..smoked the AI for colour...surprisingly...
But then again I do not have the AI dialed in fine tuned yet....but honestly
the KELO was nicer looking with the extra shimmer etc

Kessils must be deadly if they are the REAL THING over the KElo..dunno...
But I certainly would neverrrr be afraid to use Kessil !!!!

I think people might like the Radion Pro the best due to UV but thats just a
very off the wall guess....I am guessing it has UV control whereas the Kessil likely does not....

Just my gut feeling. Could be easily wrong
Tim

Anyone have an issue setting up the gooseneck mount on a rimmed aquarium? The mount that comes with the Kessil is slightly too small to fit over my 180g.

I just sold a KELO which is a Kessil copy in my opinion....I put
an Aqua Illuminations in in its place over a Fusion 20 tank

The kessil copy (KELO) so far..smoked the AI for colour...surprisingly...
But then again I do not have the AI dialed in fine tuned yet....but honestly
the KELO was nicer looking with the extra shimmer etc

Kessils must be deadly if they are the REAL THING over the KElo..dunno...
But I certainly would neverrrr be afraid to use Kessil !!!!

I think people might like the Radion Pro the best due to UV but thats just a
very off the wall guess....I am guessing it has UV control whereas the Kessil likely does not....

Just my gut feeling. Could be easily wrong
Tim

Which Kelo did you have? I was considering something like that. I have 3 black box lights on my 6' but I'm starting to convince myself to consider big buck lights. However, I can't find them for sale.

Back