Kessil A360WE

bif24701

Simple question, why don't more people own or recommend these lights considering the price, quality, and coral response that from I have seen is all great. Haven't seen anything negative other than control. Is that worth another 300$ per?

I'm also curious to hear feedback on this, as these are currently my first choice for my new tank. Also interested to hear any thoughts on these paired with an Apex controller.

I have this light on my apex and I love it. But I am just starting out so can't really add anything beyond it looks good. It's not as controllable as others, but it is enough for me. The shimmer is great but can be to much at times if the water is to turbulent on the surface.

I have 2 A350s and an A360E, all running on an Apex. I have friends will all the other big name LEDs on their tanks and we're all having good success growing corals. I much prefer my Kessils, but that's just me.

Why do you assume that 'more people' don't own A360WEs ?

Because they're not the favorites in the current threads on this forum ?

They have been in the past. They will be again.

I've been in this hobby for over 40 years and a member here for many years. It's highly subjective what you'll read here. Do yourself a favor and don't assume it's an accurate cross section of the hobby or the appropriate way to judge the value of any product. There is lots of good information here and a lot of misinformation here. Just like every public forum.

Thank you Reefvet, I didn't assume, that's why I am asking. I was afraid that I has missed something in my readings. Before I pull the trigger I wanted to hear some more voices of late.

Thanks again.

Thanks Reefvet! I didn't assume, I was just concerned that maybe I missed something. To me the obviousness of these lights just had me questioning myself. Yes, it was a lack of exposure on RC. I've not had a tank running for over a year because I was in Korea. Things change fast.

Yes things do change quickly but Kessil's been making lights for many years before they entered the aquarium market. They're one of the first to really get it right.

If you don't care about running them on a controller or penetrating a 30" deep tank for Acros on the sand the A350s are great lights and you'll find a couple in the used section right now.

Yes, the parent company manufactures it's own LEDs and no one else does, that is huge. However, LEDs in general are new to me. I think you helped eliminate any concern I had. Thanks

i have an a360 over my tank and it has been doing very well. i control it with an apex. the shimmer it creates is really nice. my motivating factor in purchasing this light is that my lfs uses them to light all their tanks. so when i buy frags, the way it looks in the store is how it will look in my tank.

I run kessils on a 30" deep tank and love them. I have no problem keeping clams (crocea, maxima and deresa) or corals on the bottom.

Now you mention the price. I think the reality is that in most applications, 2 kessils is better than one.

Gigabyte, my LFS also uses them and he has great color and growth with them. It's very clear they are effective for growth.

I run kessils on a 30" deep tank and love them. I have no problem keeping clams (crocea, maxima and deresa) or corals on the bottom.

Now you mention the price. I think the reality is that in most applications, 2 kessils is better than one.

The tank I'm planning is a 36"x36"x31" built in corner tank, open on 2 faces. I'm thinking of using 2 A360N but I'm concerned that this might be overkill and bleach the corals. Do you think 1 A360W might be a better choice?

The tank I'm planning is a 36"x36"x31" built in corner tank, open on 2 faces. I'm thinking of using 2 A360N but I'm concerned that this might be overkill and bleach the corals. Do you think 1 A360W might be a better choice?

You control the intensity and wether the corals get too much or not. The problem is coverage, one A360N will leave areas of you tank dimmer than other and not provide enough light for some corals. Two A360EW will give you the coverage you need as will two A360N. The two A360N would be better IMHO because of the depth of the tank.

I am running two over a 24x24x30 in a very similar configuration. The tank is built into the wall/corner with two sides viewable and the overflow in the back corner. I have the lights staggered to the left and right (see pic). You are definitely going to want two for your tank at 36"
20140218_082909.jpg

Pic was taken right after I redid my rock so it's a little cloudy

I think this light is one of the best led lights on the market. But that's my opinion and definitely arguable. I don't own them myself and they were my top choice if I went led. I hated other led lights and what they did to the tank. But there was too much shimmer for me since my tank was going to be turbulent at the surface. So I stayed with t5 ho

I had two running over a 65 for over a year before I upgraded to a bigger tank. Loved them! Shimmer was great and corals loved them. Only down side is not as controllable as the other big names out right now. Did not use with a controller though so that might offer more options. I am running 4 AI Vegas on new system and like them, but not as much as I liked the Kessils. A350w BTW

I am running two over a 24x24x30 in a very similar configuration....

Your tank is exactly what I have in mind except it will be enclosed on top as well. Your tank looks awesome :)thumbsup:) and I really like how you did the lights. Are those enclosures off the shelf or are they something you did yourself?

I just ordered two Kessil A360WE for my 120 48x24x24. I can not wait, very excited. I plan on getting a controller.

Back